The IBM Masters Fellowship Program 2024 is inviting nominations from suitably qualified domestic and international Master’s students aspiring to embark on a transformative journey in the world of technology.
This post seeks to enlighten you about the details of this prestigious fellowship program, outlining the nomination process, eligibility criteria, and the benefits it offers you should you as a fellow.
IBM Masters Fellowship Program Details
At IBM, fostering strong collaboration with faculty, students, and universities is of paramount importance. The IBM Masters Fellowship Program is a testament to this commitment, as it is designed to recognize and support exceptional master’s students who are eager to kick-start a career in technology, irrespective of their field of study.
Currently in its fourth year, the IBM Masters Fellowship Program aims to enhance diversity by encouraging applications from underrepresented minority students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Fields of Interest
The program welcomes candidates from different academic backgrounds, including but not limited to:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence
Eligibility Criteria for IBM Masters Fellowship 2024
To be eligible for the IBM Masters Fellowship award in 2024, all prospective candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nomination of students must be by a faculty member.
- Nominees should be full-time students in a master’s program.
- Students must have a minimum of 6 months to complete their graduate program at the time of nomination.
- Selection for the IBM Masters fellowship is based on various factors, including overall potential for excellence, alignment of interests with IBM’s focus areas, and academic progress. Faculty endorsements and department head recommendations are crucial in this selection process.
Benefits of the IBM Masters Fellowships
IBM Masters Fellowships is a one-year program that is specifically awarded to students from historically Black colleges and universities in the United States. The fellowship offers the following Financial benefits:
- The US-based recipients will receive a generous award of up to $10,000 for a single award year.
How to Apply for IBM Masters Fellowship Program 2024?
- Participating in the IBM Masters Fellowship program requires Professors and supervisors to nominate their master’s students. Therefore, students interested in the fellowship are expected to inform their professors and supervisors.
- Applicants should expect the results of the nomination to be communicated in December of the application year.
- Kindly visit the official website at https://www.research.ibm.com/university/awards/masters_fellowship.html for more details
October 27, 2023.
Must I be a US citizen to qualify?
No, US citizenship is not a requirement. However, IBM may request US residency and citizenship information for legal compliance purposes during the award process.
When is the IBM Masters Fellowship nomination period?
Nominations for the IBM Masters Fellowship program begin in August and are accepted for a duration of 4 weeks. Notification of nominee status occurs in January of the following year.
Where can I obtain the nomination forms for an IBM Masters Fellowship?
All nominations must be submitted electronically by faculty using a standardized form, available on the IBM Masters Fellowship Awards Program website.
Can students self-nominate for an IBM Masters Fellowship?
No, self-nominations are not accepted. Students must be nominated by a faculty member, and the nomination form must be prepared and submitted by a faculty member.
Is there a limit to the number of applications a department may submit?
Yes, each department is limited to a maximum of three nominations.
Can IBM employees apply for an IBM Masters Fellowship?
The IBM Masters Fellowships are not intended for IBM employees. IBM offers separate education reimbursement and leave programs, and employees are encouraged to work with their managers to explore eligibility for those programs.
More Related Content
- IBM Fellowship Awards Program 2023 for PhD Students Worldwide – How to Apply!
- IBM PhD Fellowship Awards 2023 – Apply Now!
- IBM Canada Internship 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Best Business Analysis Courses In 2023
- Google and IBM Underreporting Greenhouse Gas Emissions
See This Also:
- Graduate Marketing Intern at Upbeat Recreation Centre – APPLY NOW
- Mexico Tourist Visa Interview Questions
- Kectil Youth Leadership Programme 2023 – APPLY NOW
- University Of Maine Presidential Scholarships 2024-2025 in USA – APPLY NOW
- YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2023 (Cohort 46) – APPLY NOW