How to turn on or off notifications for memories on Facebook – In Facebook, you can easily choose whether to get notifications for your memories on Facebook.
Many users on the social media platform have been doing this for quite some time now, but a handful of other users on the platform still don’t know about this. This post, however, is about to change all that and if you are one of these people then this post is a must-read for you.
How to Turn On or Off Notifications for Memories on Facebook
Facebook wants you to spend time on the platform ad in the process also wants you to get value for every of your second spent on the platform. Facebook compiles your memories from the very first time you created your account on the platform. And from time to time, the social media platform always reminds you of these milestones.
You can, however, choose to see less of your memories on the social media platform or don’t even get to see them at all in regards to notifications and this is what this post is all about. What Facebook does is his. Whenever a memory of you is created on the platform, you get notified so as to see it and share it with the public or a selected audience if you choose to.
What You Need?
What do you need to get this done on the platform? Well, you don’t need much to get this done. The chances that you are reading this post now shows that you have an account registered with Facebook and that you also wish to turn on or off notifications for memories on Facebook. Owning a Facebook account is pretty much everything you need.
If you do not own a registered Facebook account, you can create one for free today. You can either create a Facebook account from the Facebook web platform or via the Facebook mobile app.
To create an account from the Facebook web platform, go to www.facebook.com on your browser. To create a Facebook account via the mobile app, download and install the app on your android or iOS device and you are good to go.
To turn off or on notifications for memories on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- First, go to facebook.com/memories. This will take you to the memories platform on the Facebook web on your computer device.
- Next, click on notifications in the left menu and select none to turn off all notifications or highlights to see less.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down the extended menu page and tap on the memories tab.
- Next tap on the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Select none to turn off all notifications just below notifications or highlights to see less.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right.
- Scroll down the page and tap on memories.
- Next, tap on the settings icon in the top right.
- Just below the notifications section, select the none option to turn off all notifications or select the highlights option to see less of your memories.
That’s it. You should however note that when you select highlights it means that you will only receive notifications in regards to certain kinds of memories such as celebration videos.