Have you ever wondered as to the reason why you see suggested posts on your Facebook feed? So here is another question for you. After wondering about this, what did you come up with?
Why You See Suggested Posts on Your Facebook Feed
The reason why you see suggested posts on your news feed on your Facebook account is simple. The social media platform suggests certain posts on your feed in a bid to help you discover new things on the platform. And to crown it all, the suggested posts are very much personalized.
Suggested posts on Facebook are personalized and are based on what may be relevant to you on the platform. They are also influenced by activities and things such as prior Facebook activities. The posts that are suggested to you on the platform can be articles, photos, and even videos from groups and pages that you don’t even follow at the time and they also are not paid for.
Factors That Influences Suggested Posts
You may be wondering as to what influences suggested posts on the platform, well this is easy. Remember that I told you that suggested posts are personalized and they may be based on your previous activity on the social media platform.
May factors may influence which suggested posts you see on the platform. Some factors that influence this however are more influential than others and some of the most important factors include;
- People that interacted with the post – a post on Facebook may be suggested to you if the other set of people that interacted with it has also previously had running’s and had interacted with the same page, groups, or posts as you.
- Related topics – also if you have just recently interacted or engaged with a topic on Facebook, other posts that are related to that very topic may be suggested to you. For example, if you react or engaged with a post about movies, other posts about movies will be suggested to you.
- Location – you also may see suggested posts on Facebook based on the location you are and also based on what the people near you are interacting with on the social media platform.
These are some of the most important factors that will be considered by Facebook in suggesting posts to you on the platform.
Facebook’s Standards for Suggested Posts in Feed
The main goal here, by Facebook, is to make a recommendation that is relevant to each person that sees them. Through the recommendations guidelines by Facebook, the platform works to avoid making recommendations that could be of low-quality, objectionable, or maybe particularly sensitive. The social media platform also avoids making suggestions on its platform that may be inappropriate for younger audiences.
How to Manage What You See On Facebook
Now that you have learned that the Facebook social media platform suggests posts to you from pages and groups that you don’t even follow based on some factors on the platform. Do you know that is very possible for you to manage what you see on Facebook? Yes, this is true, and you would wish to know how then you are in the right place.
To manage suggested posts on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your device.
- Next, go to the suggested post that you want to manage on the platform and tap on the three-dotted icon next to it.
- You will then have to select how you want to manage the post with a host of options such as;
- Hide post. This will make you see fewer posts like this.
- Snooze the page for 30 days. This will temporarily stop posts from the page the post came from for 30 days.
- Hide all from the page. This will stop you from seeing posts from the page.
- Find support or report post. Choose this option if the post concerns you.