How to add or remove an email from your Facebook account – When it comes to Facebook, anything is possible and this is including adding or removing an email address from your account.
How to Add or Remove an Email from Your Facebook Account
When setting up your account on Facebook, you will be given the chance and opportunity to add or create your account using your email address. And even though you chose to use your mobile number, you will also be given the chance to always add your email address whenever you feel like it.
Adding your email address is very important as it serves its own purpose. For example, in the vent that you lose your account or lost your password associated with your account, the only way of recovering your account is your email address. This is more reason for you to always add your email address to the platform.
It is also very important for you to remove an email address from your Facebook account if you no longer have access to the email address anymore. If the email account has been hacked, the hackers can use the very email address in hacking your account on Facebook also. And also in the event that you lose access to your Facebook account, you will not be able to recover it since you do not have access to the email address associated with your account.
Many Facebook users and account holders already know how to add or edit an email address from their account on the platform. But some users on the other hand do not know how to go about this. With that being said and for that reason, I have come up with this post.
This post will not only guide users but will also educate them on how they can always add or remove an email address from their various accounts on the Facebook social media platform.
Steps to Adding or Removing an Email Address from Your Account on Facebook
To add or remove an email address from your Facebook account, follow the steps below;
To add an email address
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner of Facebook.
- Next, select Settings and privacy and then click on settings.
- Next, click on contact in the general tab and then click on add another email address or mobile number tab.
- Enter your email address and then click on add.
- You may however be asked to re-enter the password to your Facebook account. Enter the password associated with your account and then click on submit and then close.
- You will be sent a confirmation email to your new email address when you ass an email address to your Facebook account. You will have to click on the link in your email to confirm that you want this email address to be added to your account on Facebook.
That’s it. If however, the link in your email does not work;
- Copy the confirmation code that was sent to your email.
- Go to the contact section of your settings page and click on confirm.
- Next, paste in your code in the space provided for it and click on OK.
To remove an email address;
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right of Facebook.
- Click on the settings and privacy button and select settings.
- Click on the contact tab in the general section.
- Next, select the remove tab that is next to the email address that you would like to remove.
That’s it. You may however need to refresh the page in order to see your changes.