How to change your Facebook name – the act of name changing on Facebook has been an age-long one. This is one of the features that a huge number of the Facebook community knows about.
But even at that, some account holders all over the globe still do not know how this feature works or how to successfully change their name on the Facebook social media platform.
How to Change Your Facebook Name
On Facebook, you can always change your name whenever you feel like it whether you are using a desktop device or a mobile device. Whatever it is, changing your name on Facebook is always possible. And in this post, everything in regards to the necessary step will be shared with you.
What You Need To Change Your Name on Facebook
Just as mentioned already in the first paragraphs of this post, it is possible to change a name on Facebook. But come to think of it, what do you need to have in place before you can change your name on the social media platform? This is one of the questions you need to ask yourself.
Well, luckily for you, you do not need much to get this done. All you need is to be a registered user on the platform. In other words, you need to be a registered Facebook account holder.
This means that if you do not have an account on Facebook you will not be able to change your name on the platform whenever you please. If you would there love to change your name on Facebook whenever you feel like it and you don’t yet have a Facebook account, you will need to create one today.
Creating a Facebook account is easy and free. You can do this from a computer device via the Facebook web or on a mobile device through the Facebook mobile app. To get started with your account creation steps, go to www.facebook.com or go to your devices app store whether you own an iOS device or an Android device and download the Facebook app from there.
Steps to Changing Your Facebook Name
To change your name on Facebook is easy but only if you know how to. If you, therefore, do not know how to change your Facebook name, follow the steps below; but before you will start with the process of changing your Facebook name, you will first need to review the standards of naming on Facebook. This is so because Facebook does not accept all types of names on its platform.
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner.
- Next, select the settings and privacy tab and click on settings.
- Click on the name button and enter your name and click on the review change tab.
- You will be prompted to enter your password and after doing that, click on save changes.
- Open the Facebook app for android and then click on the hamburger menu icon in the top right corner.
- Go down and tap on settings and privacy and then select settings.
- Next, tap on personal and account information and then select the name tab.
- Enter your name and then tap on reviews.
- Enter your password in the space provided for it and tap on the save changes tab.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the hamburger icon in the bottom right corner.
- Next, scroll down the page and tap on settings and privacy.
- Tap on Settings on the next page and then select personal and account information.
- Tap on the name button and then enter a new name and tap on review change.
- Lastly, enter your password and tap on save changes.