How to get alerts about unrecognized logins to Facebook – Do you know that it is very much possible to get alerts in regards to unrecognized logins to your Facebook account?
Whenever there is an unrecognized login attempt on your account on the Facebook social media platform, the platform sends you an alert. With this in place, you can easily beef up security around your account immediately and even stop the login attempt. It is that simple.
How to Get Alerts about Unrecognized Logins to Facebook
You can always improve the security of your account on Facebook. And how do you do this? Well, there are many ways you can accomplish this on the platform. For one, you can always change the password on your account from time to time.
Another way to beef up the security around your Facebook account is by getting alerts whenever a person tries to login to your account from a device or web browser that is not recognized by Facebook. What do you mean by devices and web browsers that are not recognized by Facebook?
Well, these are web browsers and devices that you have not used in logging in to your account on Facebook before. And these devices also show a different IP address and location different from your region. These alerts on Facebook will tell you which type of device tried to login to your account and also where the device is located.
Steps to Get Alerts about Unrecognized Logins on Facebook
To get alerts on Facebook about unrecognized logins, follow the steps below;
- First, go to your security and login settings page on Facebook.
- Next, go down to get alerts about unrecognized logins and click on the edit tab.
- Next, select where you want to receive your alerts such as from your email account or with a Facebook notification from a device that is recognized.
- Lastly, click on save changes.
- Go to the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger icon.
- Go down to the bottom of the menu page and tap on security and privacy and select settings.
- Tap on security and login and then tap on Get alerts about unrecognized logins.
- Next, choose where you want to receive alerts such as your email account or your Facebook account via Facebook notifications from a device that is recognized by Facebook.
- Open the Facebook app for iPhone and tap on the hamburger icon in the bottom right.
- Next, scroll to the bottom of the menu page and tap on settings and privacy.
- Select settings and then tap on security and login.
- Scroll down the page and tap on Get alerts about unrecognized logins.
After you start getting alerts in regards to unrecognized logins, these are the things that will follow;
- When you receive a login alert on Facebook, you will be able to tell Facebook if the login activity is recognized by clicking or tapping on the this was me tab.
- If on the other hand, you do not recognize the login activity, you can click or tap on the this wasn’t me tab and you will be helped to reset your password and Facebook and in the process also secure your account.
- You can also save a device or a web browser for the matter to your list of recognized devices. And with this way, you will stop getting alerts about the device that you use normally in logging in to Facebook. If you are making use of a public device, it is advisable not to choose this option.
- Lastly, you will find a list of recent devices that have logged into your Facebook account in your security and login settings.