How to change your relationship status on Facebook – with Facebook you cannot just change your relationship status, but you can also choose the audience with whom you share it.
How to Change Your Relationship Status On Facebook
Facebook is a place where you can connect with friends and family easily. This social media platform is also a place where you can make connections both business and social connections. With Facebook, you can also make friends from all over the world. Whatever it is you can do on the platform.
Facebook is not just called the best social media platform in the world today for no reason. The social media platform has got features and tools in place that makes it tick very well in all directions. There is a feature on the platform known as your about section. In this about section, users get to update all their personal information including their relationship status.
Now Facebook has given users and account holders on the platform the ability to always update this section whenever they feel like it. Let’s say you were single before you joined and as at when you joined the platform and you are now married after some time on the platform. it is therefore wise to change your relationship status on the platform from single to married and vice versa. And this is what this article is all about.
Many account holders and users on Facebook have been looking for a way around his with no major headway in that regard. But with this post, the necessary steps and guides on changing your relationship status will be shared. So all you have to do to get this piece of information is to continue reading the content of his post from start to finish.
Steps to Changing Your Relationship Status On Facebook
To change your relationship status on Facebook successfully, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Next, click on the about tan and then select family and relationships.
- Click on the add relationship status or instead click on the edit icon next to your relationship.
- You will then have to choose your relationship status from the drop-down menu. And depending on your status you may also have the option to add the name of the person that you are in a relationship with and also your anniversary.
- You can use the audience selector to select the people you want to share this information with.
- Lastly, click on the Save button.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right corner.
- Tap on your name and tap the see your about info tab.
- Next, scroll down to the relationship section and tap on ass relationship or tap on the edit icon to edit a status that has already been added by you.
- Next, select your relationship status and use the audience selector to select your privacy setting.
- Lastly, tap on save.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right corner.
- Next, tap on see your about info and scroll down the page to the relationship section.
- Tap the add relationship button or tap on the edit icon to edit a status that you have added before.
- Next, select your relationship status and make use of the audience selector to choose your privacy setting.
- Lastly, tap on the Save button.
That’s it. On the platform, you can also add your relationship status as a life event on your profile. You should also know that you can only list someone in your relationship status if only you are friends with that person.
The person will also need to confirm that you are in a relationship together before they are listed in your relationship status.