Do you know that you can create an in-person event on your Facebook page? YES, you can, and in this post, How to create an in-person event on Facebook, everything that you need to know in that regard will be shared with you.
How to Create an In-Person Event on Facebook
Creating an in-person event on Facebook is easy. The steps are not all that different from creating a normal event from your Facebook page. And you know the drill already; you will need to have a Facebook page in order to create an in-person event on Facebook.
And if you have been following me on my previous posts then you should already know how to create a page on the social media platform for free if you do not have one.
Steps To Create an In-Person Event on Facebook
Creating an in-person event on Facebook is easy but only if you know how to. To do this successfully, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on the events option in the left menu from your news feed. You may need to click on see more first in order to see this option.
- Click on the +create new event button and then click on in person.
- Add details to your event and then click on create event.
- Open the Facebook mobile app for Android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right.
- Tap on events and then select the +create tab and then in person.
- Add the details of your event and then tap on create event.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the hamburger icon in the bottom right corner.
- Next, tap on the events option and tap on the +create tab, and then select in person.
- Add the detail to your event and tap on the create event button.
That’s it! Immediately, your event opens and you can now share posts, add a cover photo, invite guests and even edit the details of your event.
You should however note that only pages on Facebook and not personal profiles can create recurring events on the Facebook social media platform.
Facebook In-Person Event Privacy
You cannot change the privacy of your event on Facebook after creating it. There are four privacy options for your event for you to choose from on Facebook and they are;
- Private – make your event visible to only people that you invite. You can also choose to allow guest to invite their friends with this option. People who are also invited can see the description of the event, posts, videos, and photos.
- Public – will make the event visible to anyone off and on the Facebook platform. Anyone can see the description, videos, photos, and posts of the event.
- Friends – this option will make the event visible to your Facebook friends only. Your friends can also see the description, photos, videos, and posts of your event.
- Group – the privacy setting of the group will determine who sees the event. If the group is public then it will be visible to anyone on or off the platform. A private group will make the event only visible to members of the group.