What is ‘Facebook location services’? ‘Location services’ is one of the many features on the social media platform that will help you to maximize and personalize your experience on the platform.
Facebook Location Services
Location services on Facebook can also be referred to as location access. This is a setting on your mobile device that helps Facebook to provide you with features unique to your location such as allowing you to post content that is tagged with your very location, find nearby places, make use of nearby friends, and also get more relevant ads.
You can turn off the location services for Facebook at any time. And you should also know that when location services is turned off for your device, Facebook will not ass any new information to your location history from your device even if your location history is turned on.
How to Access Facebook Location Services
It is easy! I mean anyone can literally access this feature as long as the person is a registered account owner on the social media platform. The feature however is only available in the Facebook mobile app for the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
How to Turn On Location Services On Android Devices
To turn on or off the Facebook location services on your android device, follow the steps below;
- Firstly, go to the home screen of your device
- Next, you will have to tap on the Settings option and select apps
- Scroll through the list of apps on your device and tap Facebook
- Tap permissions and select location
- Lastly, select allow all the time, allow only while using the app, ask every time, or don’t allow.
How to turn on or Off the Location Services on Your iOS Device
Just as you did on the android device, this is easy. To do this;
- Go to the home screen of your device
- Next, tap on location services and tap the toggle icon that is next to location services to turn off or on
That’s it! you should however note that when location services is turned on for your iOS device, you can easily control when you allow Facebook to have access to your location by scrolling through the list of apps that is listed in the location services, by tapping Facebook and selecting always, while using the app, ask next time or lastly never.