Do you have any idea as to who can follow you on the Facebook social media platform? I bet you don’t. You just see that you have followers on the platform and you think it’s alright. Well, it is but it is still great to know one or two things about the people following you on the platform.
Who Can Follow You on Facebook
On Facebook, when you become friends with a person, automatically they start following you. There is also a limit to the number of friends you can have on the social media platform. And when you have gotten to your limit, you can no longer accept friend requests or send friend requests to others on the platform.
You will either have to delete or trim your friend list on the platform or better still allow them to follow you. It is that simple. Another way of allowing people that are not your friends on the platform to follow you is by selecting the public option next to your post settings.
Steps To Manage Who Can Follow You on Facebook
Following on Facebook can sometimes be automatic. And if you have been following me on this post, then you should know that already. You however can also manage the people that follow you on Facebook, and to do that, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right
- Select the settings and privacy option and then click on the settings
- Next, click on public posts on the left-hand side menu
- Choose friends or public next to the who can follow me option
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger icon
- Scroll down the page and tap on settings and privacy
- Tap on settings
- Scroll down the page again and tap on followers and public content
- Lastly, tap on friends or public just below who can follow me
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the menu icon
- Tap settings and privacy by scrolling down the page and tap on settings
- Next, scroll down and tap on followers and public content
- Tap on friends or public just below the who can follow me section