This article would be giving you details on How to Stream to Twitch on Xbox One. The best part is that you can use this process for other models of the Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
The Twitch is an online platform that enabled people from around the world to watch content live via the internet or an app, which is quite similar to how baseball fans might watch their very own favorite team on TV. This process is known as streaming.
Tons of internet personalities have gotten attention and fame from streaming gameplay of popular video games on Twitch. So I see why anyone would want to stream live on twitch on their gaming console.
Download the Twitch Xbox App
In other to stream to Twitch on the Xbox One, you would be required to download the free Twitch app. And here I would be giving you the steps you need to get that done.
- First launch the “Store” tab that is available on your dashboard
- Then click on the small “Search” icon
- Type “Twitch” this would bring out the Twitch app, a purple color icon. Click on it. With this, you would take to the app’s official listing within the Store. Click on the “Get” button in other to have it downloaded.
- The app would be installed on the Xbox One console and can be located in the My games and apps screen found right on your Guide.
Connecting Your Twitch and Xbox Accounts
In other to make sure that your Xbox One broadcast directly to your Twitch account, you would be required to perform an initial connection via your computer. Once your Twitch account has been linked to your Xbox One, you would not need to do it all over again unless you replace your console or change your Twitch accounts.
- Head to the official Twitch website located in your web browser right on your computer and then log in
- On your Xbox One, open the Twitch app and then click “log in”. The app would offer you a six-digit code.
- Right on your computer, in the same browser that you have logged into Twitch, head to the Twitch activation webpage and then enter the code straight from the app.
Starting First Twitch Stream
The first time you choose to stream from the Xbox One, you would be required to run some small tests in other to make sure that everything is working quite well and that the quality of the audio and visuals are as good as they can be. Below I have stated what you need to get set for your streaming.
- First open the Xbox One game that you want to stream. Streaming to Twitch without a game being active would not be possible. It is okay if you open it and just leave it on it’s title screen. You do not exactly need to start playing the game just yet.
- After that, return to your Xbox One Dashboard and then open the Twitch app. Click on the “Broadcast” button located on the lower-left side of the screen to once again reopen your Xbox One game and then shrink the Twitch app to just a small bar located at the right side of your screen.
- Click the “Broadcast Title” field and then rename your Twitch broadcast. You can choose to rename it with whatever you like. This is basically what your stream would be called on the Twitch website and in the apps.
- Select Settings. You should see a preview of what your Twitch broadcast would look like in a small window located at the top of the Twitch tab.
- If your Kinect is connected to the Xbox One, You should see a preview of What the Kinect sees right inside your stream window. If you want, you can choose to disable it by unchecking the Enable Kinect box. Reposition the Kinect Camera right inside the stream by clicking on the layout that is relevant.
- The “Auto Zoom” feature makes the Kinect Focus more on your Face while you are streaming. If it is disabled, the Kinect would show everything that it is capable of seeing and it would likely be the whole room. You would need to leave this feature enabled to place the focus on you while you stream.
- Make sure that the Enable Microphone box is checked. With this, the Kinect or your Microphone attached to your controller, pick up what you say while you are streaming.
- The “party chat” option refers to audio that was made by other users that are in the group chat or that is online. If you only want your voice to get broadcast while you are streaming, keep the broadcast “party Chat” option unchecked. If you would like to share all of the audio though, feel free to check this box.
- The Last step you would be required to take while setting up your stream is to choose the stream resolution. Well, in general, the higher the image quality you choose, the faster your internet would need to be. After that, click on the “Quality” drop-down menu and would choose “Get a new recommendation”. This command would automatically detect the optimum quality setting for your current internet speed for you.
- Once all the settings have been adjusted, press the “B” button found on your controller to go back to the main Twitch broadcast menu and then select “Start Broadcast” to begin streaming.
Can I Play Music on Twitch on Xbox One?
No. Due to issues related to copyright, the Twitch app for Xbox does not offer users the option to stream music.
How Can you Stream on Xbox One?
Right from your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console, navigate to the “capture and share” tab right on the guide and then select “Live Streaming.” You would be required to link your Twitch account by scanning the QR code with an iOS or Android mobile device or navigating to the URL using either your PC or your Mobile Device.
Why Can’t I Stream on Twitch Xbox?
You would need a high-speed network connection to Live stream. Check your network connection to be sure you are connected to a high-speed network. In other to test your network speed, push the Xbox button to launch the guide and then head to profile and system > Settings > General > Network Settings > Test Network Speed and Statistics.