In this article, I would be giving you details on how to create a PlayStation Network (PSN) Account. The steps I would be giving you in this content work directly on a computer, PS5, or PS4 console.
If you own a PlayStation, then it is only right that you have a PlayStation Network (PSN) Account. While you do not exactly need one to play games on your console (PS4 or PS5), you would be keeping yourself out on tons of great features without an account. A PSN account is like the icing on the cake for PlayStation owners.
How to Create a PlayStation Account on a Computer
The PlayStation Network (PSN) is a digital entertainment service for your PlayStation. With a PSN account, you can download games to play and stream apps to watch TV and movies. Below I have put together the steps involved in creating an account on a PC. The steps include:
- First, launch your browser on your computer and then head to the Sony Entertainment Network Account Creation Page.
- Then enter your personal details, which include your email address, birth date, and location information, and then select a password.
- Select “I Agree. Create My Account”
- After that, Verify your email address with the link provided in the emails that were sent to you by Sony
- Head back to the Sony Entertainment Network Website and choose “Continue”.
- Choose the “Update Account” image that pops up on the next page
- Choose the “Online ID” that other people would see when you are gaming online
- Select “Continue”
- On completing the PlayStation Network Account update with your name, security questions, location information, and optional billing information, press continue after each of the screen.
- Select “Finish” Once you have concluded filling out your PSN account information
With this, a message stating “Your account is now ready to access PlayStation Network” should be sent to you.
How to Create PSN Account on PlayStation 5
If at the moment you already have a PSN Account on your PS4, you can choose to log in making use of the same account on your PS5 console. If you don’t already have an account, you would be able to create a new one on your PS5. Follow the steps stated below to get it done:
- First head to the Home Screen and then select “Add User”
- Then choose “Create an Account”
- Enter the required information and then verify your email address. The next time you choose to sign in, make use of your Email Address and Password. You can also choose to sign in Using the PlayStation App
How to Create PSN Account on a PS4
Below are the steps involved in how to Create a PSN Account on a PlayStation 4. It includes:
- With the console on and the controller activated, select “New User” on the screen.
- After that, “Create a User” and accept the User Agreement
- Choose “Next” located under the PlayStation Network Area.
- Instead of logging right into the PSN, choose “New to PSN? Create an Account”
- Choose “Sign up Now”
- Go with the on-screen instructions in other to submit your location details, email address, and password, moving right through the screens by choosing the “Next” buttons.
- Select an “Avatar”. You can choose to change this at any time in the future
- Right on the “Create Your PSN Profile” Screen, enter the username of your choice. Also, fill out your name but remember that it would be public.
- The next screen would offer you the option for you to automatically fill in your profile picture and your name using your Facebook details. Also, you can choose the option to not display your whole details, name, and picture while you are playing games online
- The Next Screen would enable you to set your Privacy Settings. You can choose to select “Anyone, Friends of Friends, Friends Only, or No One” for different activities.
- Choose “Accept” on the final setup page and then accept the terms of service and user agreement.
And this is everything you need to create a PSN account on your PlayStation 4 Console. The process is not that complicated, and you should be able to run through it in no time.
How Do I Delete My PSN Account?
The Process involved in deleting your PSN Account is stated as follows. First, directly contact sony and then request for the account to be closed, while offering your account ID and the email address associated with it.
Once the account has been closed, you would not be able to make use of that PSN account name, and you would lose access to all of its associate’s Purchases, subscriptions, and leftover funds available in your wallet.
Can You Make a PlayStation Account without PlayStation?
You should be able to create a new PSN account directly from the console’s login Screen or from a web browser. In other to create an account, choose to Create a User on the PS4 or on the PS5 Login page, or you can visit the website. If you have an existing PSN account you can choose to add that straight from the login screen that is on your console also.
Is PlayStation Account the Same as Sony?
You can choose to sign in to the PlayStation Network making use of the same sign-in ID and password that you are already making use of with other participating Sony Group Services.
More Related Content
- Skills Required to Become a Motion Graphic Designer
- Stream Movies Online Best Sites Free: list of top free streaming websites Online This…
- Navient Login – Navient Account Online Login at navient.com
- Deals for Gaming Laptops – Best Deals for Razer Blade Gaming Laptop
- How to Protect your Online Banking Information