Would you like to know how to kid-proof your Netflix account? If this is it with you, then you are on the right page. In this post, I will be guiding you through the necessary steps to securing your Netflix profile in order to keep your kids from watching adulterated content.
How To Kid-Proof Your Netflix Account
If you are one of the many users who are sharing your Netflix account with your kids then there are probably a couple of titles that you rather that they do not watch or stream. Just last year, the streaming platform launched an update on the platform that would allow users to filter out kids’ shows by audience age group and title. For extra protection, you can also secure your Netflix profile simply with a four-digit personal identification number in order to stop your kids from getting access to age-inappropriate content.
Adult content owners in addition can see a full viewing history in the profile of a child and then turn off the autoplay of episodes. And to review each profile’s settings, you can simply go to the profile and parental controls hub that is within the settings page of your account.
How to Change Your Netflix Viewing Restriction Settings on PC
To change your Netflix viewing restriction settings on your PC, follow the steps below;
- First, log in to your Netflix account in your browser.
- Next, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen on your PC. If you however are making use of a mobile browser on android, you should click on the settings bar in the top left.
- Select the account option from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to the profile & parental control section and you will find a list of all the profiles that are linked to your Netflix account.
- You will now have to select the down arrow to the right of the profile that you want to make an edit to.
- Next, you will have to scroll down to the Viewing Restrictions section on the list of options and select change.
- You will have to enter your password when the platform prompts for it and then click on continue.
- You will be taken or directed to a sliding bar that you can shorten or extend to permit access that is based on title ratings from TV-Y to NC-17. Profiles of kids by default are set to TV-PG, PG, and below.
- Lastly, click on save when you are done making your customizations.
Alternatively, you can choose to click the kid’s profile box which of course will only provide the Netflix kids content on the profile. The settings page will also allow you to manually enter movies and show titles that you want to hide during searches.
How to Check Viewing Activity on A Netflix Profile
To easily and successfully check viewing activity on a Netflix profile, follow the steps below;
- Log in to your Netflix account in your internet browser on your PC. These steps also work for mobile browsers on android and iOS.
- Next, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of your screen on your PC. Click on the settings bar in the top left corner if you are using a mobile browser on android.
- From the drop-down menu, select account.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page to the profile and parents controls section where you will find a list of all the profiles available in your Netflix account.
- You will have to select the down arrow to the right of the profile that you want to make an edit to.
- Scroll down to viewing activity and then click on view. This action will open up a list of everything that the owner of a profile has watched and the date it was watched.
That being said, your account should show your complete viewing history going back to your initial sign-up date.