HCLTech is inviting non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the Americas to submit their applications for the HCLTech Grant in the Americas Program 2023.
The HCLTech Grant program is expanding its support to non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the Americas, with a focus on addressing climate change and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity.
This initiative has already been successfully assisting NGOs in India for eight years and is now being launched in the Americas. The aim is to empower these NGOs and enhance their grassroots innovations in climate action. HCLTech has pledged $5 million over the course of five years to fund this program.
Benefits of HCLTech Grant in the Americas Program 2023
- Each year, three organizations will be chosen for the HCLTech Grant in the Americas Program 2023. The top-ranked organization will be awarded $500,000, while the two runners-up will each receive $250,000, all for their one-year projects.
- The organization’s governing rules should explicitly allow engagement in projects driven by purpose and, when applicable, climate action initiatives, in compliance with the legal regulations of the country where it is registered.
- The project proposed should be designed for direct execution by the applying organization. The sub-granting of HCLTech funds is prohibited.
- The grant amount should not be used solely for infrastructure development or the purchase of fixed assets such as land, buildings, and vehicles, among others. Moreover, any proposed infrastructure development costs must align with the project’s objectives and defined activities.
- There should be no ongoing legal disputes involving the applicant organization, including its governing body members.
- The applicant organization must not be on any government agency, department, ministry, donor, or international agency’s blacklist.
- The organization’s license, registration, or membership must not have been canceled by the regulatory or statutory body specific to that country.
- Neither the applicant organization nor its board members or employees should have any political or religious affiliations.
- The applicant organization must be registered in one of the following countries where the proposed project will be carried out:
- Costa Rica
- United States of America
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the winners be announced?
The announcement of all the winners, including the first place and two runners-up, will take place in March/April 2024. The official announcement of the date will be made in a short time.
Can I apply if I am associated with HCLTech or the HCL Foundation?
Absolutely! Past and current partners are not subject to any application restrictions.
Is there a requirement to focus on technology or technology-enabled solutions?
While it may not be a requirement, HCLTech does recognize and appreciate the utilization of technology in addressing climate change as an innovative approach.
Can the project be co-funded?
Yes, of course, the HCLTech Grant Climate Action (Americas) does welcome projects that involve funding from external sources. During the application process, you will be asked to provide further information regarding these details.
For more F&Q click here.
How To Apply For HCLTech Grant in the Americas Program 2023
Interested and qualified? Click on the apply button.
Visit the official website for further details.
November 18, 2023.