The Google Legal Summer Institute (LSI) offers a unique opportunity for law school students who are underrepresented in the legal field to gain valuable experience and insights into working in private practice. As part of this program, students have the chance to intern with one of Google’s partner law firms and spend time with Google itself.
The LSI aims to expand access to in-house careers at technology companies and remove barriers for talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. In this post, we will explore an overview of the Legal Summer Institute (LSI) 2023, its benefits, Eligibility Criteria, and the application process, keep reading.
Google Legal Summer Institute (LSI) 2023
The Google Legal Summer Institute (LSI) is a distinguished initiative designed to provide law school students with a comprehensive understanding of the legal field, particularly within the technology industry. This program invites students who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession to engage in an enriching internship experience and immerse themselves in the world of law practice.
During the Google LSI, selected students will have the opportunity to intern with one of Google’s partner law firms. This collaboration allows participants to work alongside experienced legal professionals and gain invaluable hands-on experience. The internship typically spans a designated period, during which students will delve into various aspects of legal practice and gain exposure to the challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a law firm.
The LSI recognizes the importance of flexibility and accessibility. Depending on the location and individual circumstances, the internship can be conducted remotely, in person, or a combination of both. This approach ensures that participants can engage in the program regardless of their geographical location or personal situation.
Benefits of Participating in the Google Legal Summer Institute (LSI)
- Participants of the Google Legal Summer Institute will have the opportunities and platforms for a career path within the law
- Participants will also join certain interactive and practical workshops such as CV skills, Interviews
- An opportunity to gain exposure with top legal leaders at Google including EMEA legal team and policy teams
- Engaging with Google: In addition to the internship with partner law firms, students in the LSI will have the privilege of interacting with Google itself. Throughout the program, participants will have the opportunity to attend presentations and career development workshops hosted by Google professionals. These sessions aim to provide insights into the dynamic world of in-house legal work within a global technology company.
- The LSI offers a unique chance to build a network within the legal and tech industries. Students will have the opportunity to connect with legal experts, Google employees, and fellow participants, fostering relationships that may prove invaluable for future career endeavors.
- Mentorship Scheme: To further enhance the learning experience and professional growth of the LSI participants, Google has established a six-month mentorship scheme. During this period, students will be paired with experienced Google lawyers who will provide guidance, support, and industry knowledge. The mentorship program allows students to benefit from the expertise and insights of seasoned professionals, helping them navigate their legal careers more effectively.
- The mentorship scheme serves as an invaluable resource for LSI students, offering them a unique opportunity to develop a deep understanding of in-house legal work.
The Google Legal Summer Institute (LSI) 2023 covers the following locations: Belgium, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, Nigeria, Portugal, South Africa,
To apply for Google Legal Summer Institute, students must meet the criteria below:
- Must have secured a work authorization in the country of internship
- Students must be current law students and must be considering entering the legal profession
- Must Demonstrate academic excellence
- Provide an updated resume
- The student must be willing and comfortable working in the English language as Google Week will be held in English
- The program is designed for Students who identify with a group that is underrepresented in the legal profession.
How to Apply
Students from; Ghana, Kenya, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Nigeria, South Africa, UK, can apply by filling out an application form which can be accessed via this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/viewform
Students from other locations are advised to refer to their law firm or point of contact.
For more information, kindly visit Google LSI at: https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/programs/emea-lsi
Who can apply for the Google Legal Summer Institute?
The LSI is designed for law school students who are underrepresented in the legal field. This includes individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
How long is the mentorship scheme?
The mentorship scheme offered as part of the Google Legal Summer Institute lasts for a period of six months. During this time, students are paired with experienced Google lawyers who provide guidance and support.
Are all internships with partner law firms?
Yes, the internships provided through the Google Legal Summer Institute are conducted in collaboration with partner law firms. This allows participants to gain practical experience working alongside legal professionals.
Is the LSI program available globally?
The availability of the Google Legal Summer Institute may vary depending on the region and year. It is recommended to check the official Google LSI website for the most up-to-date information regarding program availability.
More Related Content
- LSI SEO – What is Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) | How to Create/Find LSI Keywords
- Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship 2022 intake For Europe, Middle East and Africa | How to Apply
- Women in Tech Summit – What Are the Dates for the women in Tech Summit
- More Bad News for Intel As AMD Is Reportedly Making Great Progress in a Key Market
- 12 Highest Paying Legal Jobs