Applications are currently open for the Future is Fungi Award 2023. The Future is Fungi Award seeks to recognize and showcase the forefront of scientific exploration in utilizing fungi for environmental solutions. By shining a spotlight on novel and emerging areas of fungal research these arch and start-up innovations, the award aims to bring attention to previously unseen aspects of the field.
Future is Fungi Award 2023
In addition, the award seeks to inspire continued research and innovation in the vast and ever-expanding domains of fungal research and applications. Recognizing that practical problems demand practical solutions, the award also endeavors to encourage the commercialization of fungal research, enabling its solutions to be implemented in the real world and expediting progress toward a more sustainable and regenerative future.
Applications are welcome for research projects in all stages of development. This includes:
- Concepts that are in their initial phases of development.
- Research, technologies, or demonstrations that have been tested and proven.
- Published research studies that have already been shared with the scientific community.
- Prototypes that have been developed and are ready for further development or implementation.
Start-ups within these phases can apply for the award:
- Seed +
- Series A
- Research must address major environmental challenges, such as climate change, food security, sustainable agriculture, circular economy, pollution reduction, nature restoration, biodiversity support, or the promotion of sustainable biobased alternatives from fungi. However, pharmaceutical-related research is not within the scope of this award.
- The research should have the capacity to make a significant positive impact on the environment and sustainability within its respective fields. Even small-scale solutions that can have a notable effect are encouraged.
- The research should introduce fresh and innovative ideas, technologies, approaches, or solutions to tackle the specific environmental issue at hand. This may encompass cutting-edge or pioneering research.
- The research should uphold strong scientific principles and ethical standards, employing a sound methodology.
- The research should show the ability to work together with appropriate stakeholders, such as government agencies, industrial partners, and fellow researchers. Collaborating strengthens the efficiency and practicality of the research.
- The research should possess a viable pathway to commercialization, ensuring its real-world application and implementation.
- The start-up’s innovation should possess the ability to create a notable and beneficial environmental influence within the applicable industry.
- The start-up innovation must tackle urgent global environmental challenges, such as climate change, promoting food security and sustainable agriculture, fostering a circular economy, addressing pollution, restoring nature, and supporting biodiversity. It should also explore the possibilities of replacing or reducing non-sustainable products with sustainable biobased alternatives derived from fungi, thereby harnessing the potential of biology for more sustainable solutions. As the award’s main focus is on environmental impact, pharmaceuticals are not included.
- The start-up’s innovation should introduce fresh, advanced, and inventive concepts, technologies, methods, or resolutions to address the pertinent global problem.
- The start-up must display a distinct comprehension of their intended customers and the significance their solution offers to them.
- The start-up’s innovation has significant scaling potential, and the start-up can outline a viable route for scale.
How to Apply For The Award
If you want to know more about Future is Fungi Award 2023, visit the official website.
October 15, 2023.