The EUI Kampala Training for African Experts is offered by European University Institute which is considered the leading institute in Europe and committed to social sciences and humanities. Institute was established in 1972 by the six original members of the then European Communities, European University Institute has earned a reputation as a transnational hub of research and higher learning.
EUI Kampala Training for African Experts
EUI Kampala Training for African experts is the first-ever in-person training in Africa co-organized by the EUI School of Transnational Governance and the Migration Policy Centre anticipates about ten scholarships for outstanding candidates from Eastern Africa.
Summary of EUI Kampala Training For African experts
- Type of Scholarship: Training
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
- Number of Scholarships: 10
- Awards to be taken: The training commences at the Fairway Hotel in Kampala (Uganda) on the 20th, 21st, and 22nd of July 2022.
Eligibility for EUI Kampala Training for African Experts
The following group of students can apply for this training program:
- Ph.D. students or early-career academics
- Mid-career professionals such as those in politics, civil service, media and non-governmental organizations and be able to demonstrate both professional experience and potential for future excellence in the policy sphere
- Individuals who are genuinely involved in policy issues related to mobility and migration either through registration on a Ph.D. program or through demonstration of substantial relevant career experience
- Persons who are self-motivated, and are able to present a clear explanation of why and how the applicant will benefit from participation in the training;
- Students who are fluent in written and spoken English.
DAAD TU Berlin Summer University Scholarships 2022/2023 for Students from Developing Countries: https://www.tu-berlin.de/menue/summer_university/scholarships/#:~:text=The%20TU%20Berlin%20Summer%20University,supported%20by%20the%20TU%20Berlin.
Benefits of EUI Kampala Training for African experts
The EUI Kampala Training for African experts is a merit-based scholarship, it covers the following expenses:
- Course materials
- Meals and
- Travel costs.
What are the expected Learning Outcomes?
It is expected that by the end of this program, the participants will learn the following:
- Ways in which they can combine different skills for the regulation of migration and mobility
- The understanding of the dynamics in bilateral, multilateral, and interregional initiatives between different political domains: border management, public security, public health, human rights, justice, humanitarian disasters, cross border trade, education, tourism, development aid
- The incorporation of insights about dynamics of migration and migration governance into policy design and practice
- Participate should have learned how to develop a comprehensive understanding of the competing objectives, potentials, and limitations of the transnational governance of migration and mobility
How to Apply for EUI Kampala Training for African Experts
Kindly visit the EUI Kampala Training for African experts training webpage to get more information about the training and how to apply. The training page is stated below: https://www.eui.eu/apply?id=the-transnational-governance-of-migration-and-mobility-in-africa
Ensure that you go through all application requirements before applying. You can also visit the award webpage for details: https://www.eui.eu/news-hub?id=kampala-training-for-african-experts-discusses-cross-border-migration-governance