Submit your papers for the African Economic Conference 2021. The 2021 African Economic Conference (AEC), jointly organized by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the African Development Bank (AfDB), and the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) we would take place in Cabo Verde, as well as virtually, from December 2 – 4, 2021.
Ever since its inception in 2006, the AEC series has fostered dialogue and the exchange of knowledge on a variety of issues and challenges facing Africa. The theme for this year’s conference is called: Financing Africa’s Post Covid-19 development.
African Economic Conference 2021 Sub Themes
- Domestic Public and private resource mobilization in the age of the digital revolution: considering the taxation system in Africa in different dimensions (tax base, fiscal space, natural resources management, efficiency, the information, innovative financial tools, capital market, PPP), monetary policy, and the mobilization of natural resource revenue;
- Leveraging international private and public finance system for African’s development – considering debt distress, the international financial architecture, and tools (FDI, Special, Drawing rights, remittances, ODA, green financing, sovereign risk, etc). and the extension of the international capital markets to financing Africa’s development.
- Towards resilient recovery and sustainable development with a financial model considering the possibilities to build a more resilient development via social protection, the inclusion of the informal sector that is in the financing framework of Africa’s development.
Authors would be required to show whether they support covering the expenses (travel, daily subsistence, and accommodation) associated with their participation at the conference.
- young African researchers are encouraged to submit their articles.
- Policy-oriented papers that happen to be linked to the overall theme of the conference are of particular interest.
How to Apply
Candidates that are interested are expected to submit their papers to [email protected] before July 15, 2021.
Only full papers addressing the theme of the conference would be considered for presentation. They also encourage the submission of policy-and-solution-oriented papers along with strong empirical work. The conference would still give you priority to solution-oriented papers.
Deadline: July 15, 2021