Speaking of Essay Award For Young Economists, here is an official call by the World Trade Organization (WTO) for young economists to submit their various applications for the 2022 batch of Essay Award For Young Economists.
The primary objective of WTO Essay Awards For Young Economists is to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation and to reinforce the relationship between the World Trade Organization and the academic community. The Essays must be submitted by 6 June 2022.
Every year, WTO Essay Award for Young Economist offers a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. The prize for the co-authored paper will be divided equally divided among the authors and then subsequently, the winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG)
Essay Award For Young Economist
Usually, the award ceremony takes place in September, but this year will be on the 8-10 September 2022 at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. The author that emerges the winner will receive funding to attend the meeting.
The World Trade Organization is an international organization that handles rules of trade between nations. The primary objective of this organization is to ensure the smooth flow of trade freely as possible between members states.
Some of the roles of WTO include operating a global system of trade rules and also acting as a forum for negotiating trade agreements. They also settle trade disputes between their members.
Selection Criteria for Essay Award For Young Economist
For the selection criteria, an academic Selection Panel is responsible for selecting the winning paper. The selection panel comprises the following Individuals:
- A Professor from the University of Oxford known as Beata Javorcik
- Professor Robert Staiger from Dartmouth College
- Professor Alberto Trejos (INCAE Business School).
Requirements for WTO Essay Award For Young Economist 2022
- The submitted paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade cooperation.
- Also, author(s) of the paper must have a Ph.D. degree or be engaged in the completion of the same.
- Any Applicant who is over 30 years of age, should not exceed two since the completion of a Ph.D. defense.
- For co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors
- To be considered for the award, essays must not exceed 15,000 words.
Details of Essay Award for Young Economist 2022
- Application Deadline: June 6, 2022.
- Eligible Countries: The Awards are open to All country
- To Be Taken At (Country): Bern, Switzerland.
- Type: Award, Call for Papers
- Number of Awards: one
Worth of WTO Essay Award For Young Economist
- Basically, the annual WTO Essay Award for Young Economist provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. Papers that are co-authored will have the price divided equally among the authors.
- The paper that emerges the winner will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group, in September 2020 in Bern, Switzerland.
- Also, the author(s) who emerges as winners will receive funds to cover their travel expenses in attending the meeting.
The Application Process for WTO Essay Award for Young Economist
- Interested and Eligible Candidates for this award are required to send their submissions to [email protected].
- The Submissions must be in separate attachments in PDF format and must contain the following:
CV of the author(s) showing:
The academic institution awarding the Ph.D., the year or the expected year of the Ph.D., and the date of birth of the author(s).
For more details and information about WTO Essay Award for Young Economists, please visit the Program Webpage below: