Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is targeted toward African Women in STEM, the scholarship provides a partial tuition fee for outstanding female students from selected African countries.
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion to study in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, at Macquarie University. The scholarship is highly competitive and will be offered to one student in 2022 or 2023.
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is a single program that is not renewable. The worth of the scholarships is 50% of the total tuition fee and will be applied towards the tuition fee when a beneficiary commences her study at Macquarie University.
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Please note that the scholarship does not provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover, airfares, accommodation, conferences, or other costs associated with the study.
Macquarie University is known for its pre-eminence in key research disciplines, the University is also notable for producing graduates who are among the most sought-after professionals for most organizations in the world.
Details of Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for African Women
- Application Deadline: Ongoing
- Eligible Countries: African countries (see list below)
- Study in: Australia
- Available Fields of Study: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Programme Type: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
- Number of scholarships: one
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Duration of Programme: For the entire course duration
Requirements for Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for African Women
- Only female applicants are eligible for this scholarship
- Aside from being a female, you need to be studying a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics degree at an undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Only citizens of the Sub-Saharan African region are eligible for this scholarship.
- An applicant is required to have a minimum of 65 WAM for Postgraduate or a minimum of 85 ATAR (or equivalent) for Undergraduate applications.
- The applicant must have a full offer for one of the courses listed in the ‘Applicable course’ section (single or double degree).
- Applicant must be a full-time student studying on-campus (or online due to iCOVID-19 border restrictions)
- Applicant must not have received a scholarship or sponsorship from Macquarie University or another organization (unless stated otherwise by the Scholarship Committee).
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Worth
The scholarship is 50% of the total tuition fee and will be applied towards the tuition fee when the study is commenced at Macquarie University. We mentioned earlier that this scholarship does not provide financial support in the form of a living allowance and other cost-related expenses to the study.
How to Apply for Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for African Women
- All interested and eligible applicants must complete an online course application form: https://admissions.mq.edu.au/index.cfm?event=security.showLogin&msg=eventsecured&fr=sp
- Upon successful processing of your course application, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- You will then be required to complete an online scholarship application form: https://www.mq.edu.au/study/international-studentsand type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
Once you meet every other criterion, you will receive your selfie video.
For more information, kindly visit the Programme Webpage below: https://mq.edu.au/study/admissions-and-entry/scholarships/international/african-women-in-stem-scholarship