Are you interested in How to Clear Your Android Phone Cache? You might have noticed that your smartphone is slowing down to a friend or a relative and have gotten a default suggestion: delete the files that you are not using regularly.
A little less common bit of advice that could change your phone’s processing speed has to do with your phone’s cache. Where taking down your old apps and junk files is a very visible process, erasing your cache is a little bit behind-the-scenes sort of task.
Android Phone cache
From time to time, our smartphones tend to leave crumbs in the form of cache and temporary files to make app loading and other under-the-hood works a lot faster and more efficient. However, this would often turn out to be counterintuitive since accumulating data in this way would take up a lot of storage and slow down your device.
Growing heaps of cache data would lead to app malfunction and failure and contribute to the loss of functionality due to storage lack. Well, there are several methods to clear cache data from an Android, and below I would be stating them for you.
How to Clear Your Android Phone Cache
Android Cache Clearing for Apps
Android would enable you to analyze and manage the storage used by every app that has been installed on your device. The amount of the user’s data and app cache can be seen under the storage option for every app. In other to clear the cache that has been stored on your smartphone by a particular app, follow the steps stated below.
- First, launch the settings option on your Android phone
- Then go to apps. Here you would find the list of all the apps installed right on your Android smartphone.
- Select an app and then scroll down to storage, and here you get to see the space that the app has used
- Tap “Storage”. This will give you details of how the app has been using the space on your device, segmenting it into the space used by the app installation, user data, and the cache.
- In other to clear the cache on the device, tap clear cache. Once the process is done, the space would be displayed as 0B
Make sure you do not tap on the clear data button to avoid clearing all your saved data and details associated with the particular app. You can carry out the steps for any other app and it would work just fine.
How to Clear Chrome on Android Cache
When we make use of our web browser, we frequently visit so that they might load much faster on subsequent visits. As a result, the web browser found on your smartphone has the potential to store a whole lot of cache data. For a lot of people making use of Android phones, Google Chrome is the default browser, and the browser cache can be cleared following the steps below.
- First, start by launching Google Chrome and tapping the three-dot button near the top right corner.
- Tap history, and then tap on the “Clear browsing data…” button in blue located on top of the page.
- Uncheck the box right next to browsing data, and check the box next to cached files and images.
- After that, tap on the clear data button located at the page’s bottom
Chrome might ask you if the data from some particular websites are important. You may uncheck the particular websites you browse more often while keeping the others checked, then tap on clear again. Any cached data from Google Chrome would get deleted straight from your device.