The 2022/2023 application for MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarships is open, African students especially those who due to financial constraints would not be able to further their education can now apply for this prestigious opportunity to study at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Ghana, offers the MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarships for Ghanaian and African students. This program seeks to provide academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
The MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarship program encompasses an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement, and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for the African continent.
Summary of MasterCard Kwame Nkruma Scholarships 2022/2023
- The Application Deadline: June 30, 2022, at 17:00GMT
- MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarship is offered annually
- Eligible Countries: Ghana and other African countries
- Study at: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana
- Eligible Field of Study: Science students are preferred for this scholarship although, all subjects are considered
- The program is offered Since 2013
- Program Type: Undergraduate
- Number of Scholarships: Several
- Duration: Full-time frame of the study
Eligibility Criteria for MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarship 2022/2023
Below are the requirements or eligibility criteria for MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarships:
- Candidates must have a WASSCE or GBCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements.
- Awaiting results Candidates will not be considered or rather accepted.
- The Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- To be eligible, applicants must be seen to demonstrate Critical Economic Needs.
- An applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
The Selection Process
During the selection process of these scholarships, it is important to note that priority shall be given to the following;
- Female Students
- Displaced Persons who are Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.
- Persons with Disability
WHO UN Volunteers Africa Health Champions 2022: https://www.unv.org/now-recruiting-un-volunteers-africa-women-health-champions
- An applicant must be committed to giving back to his or her Community.
- He/She must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
Benefits and Worth of MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarships
The Scholarship covers the following:
- Financial support that covers the full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation, and a monthly stipend
- The successful applicant will be engaged in regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Scholars will continue to receive academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Beneficiaries will gain the opportunity to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring, and uniquely sourced internships.
- Another benefit of this program is the prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- Scholars will be enrolled in an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
How to Apply for MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah Scholarships 2022/2023
To apply for this scholarship:
- You will need to download a copy of the 2022/2023 application form via the link below: https://mcf.knust.edu.gh/sites/mcf.knust.edu.gh/files/2022-03/MCFSP%20AT%20KNUST%20APPLICATION%20FORM%202022.pdf
- Ensure you fill the form correctly and submit the completed application form via EMS or send courier mail to the program manager
All International applicants for this scholarship must ensure that during the submission of their application form to the Secretariat, the following documents should be attached:
- A hard copy of the completed application form for admission at KNUST.
- The Original Certificates for Both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
For more details, kindly visit the Program Webpage below: https://mcf.knust.edu.gh/announcements/general/call-applications-mastercard-foundation-scholarship-20222023-academic-year