Applications are currently being accepted for the 12th edition of the EGU Science Journalism Fellowship 2023! Are you a journalist with a passion for the earth, planetary or space sciences? Would you like to access up to €5,000 to conduct research in these fields? Then you need to apply for the EGU’s Science Journalism Fellowship 2023.
EGU Science Journalism Fellowship
The European Geosciences Union (EGU) Science Journalism Fellowship is an opportunity for journalists to report on topics related to the earth, planetary or space sciences, and to attend the EGU General Assembly. The fellowship provides funding for journalists to conduct research and report on the latest scientific findings in these fields.
The Science Journalism fellowships, also Program is an opportunity for journalists to report, in any European language, on current research in the Earth, planetary or space sciences. The Fellowship will award successful applicants with up to €5000 to cover expenses related to their projects.
Benefits of the EGU Science Journalism Fellowship
The EGU Science Journalism Fellowship provides a range of benefits for journalists, including:
- The opportunity to report on the latest scientific findings in the earth, planetary or space sciences.
- Provision of funding of up to €5,000 to cover travel, accommodation, and other expenses associated with attending the EGU General Assembly and conducting research.
- The opportunity to attend the EGU General Assembly, one of the largest and most important gatherings of geoscientists in Europe.
- The opportunity to meet and network with scientists, journalists, and other experts in the field.
- The opportunity to receive mentoring and support from the EGU Science Journalism Fellowships Committee.
- Winners will also receive an invitation to attend the EGU General Assembly following the completion of their projects, with the travel expenses paid up to €1,000.
How to Apply for EGU Science Journalism Fellowship 2023?
To apply for the EGU Science Journalism Fellowship:
- Kindly visit the European Geoscience Union on: https://www.egu.eu/news/fellowship/form/
- For more details, please visit the official EGU webpage at: https://www.egu.eu/news/955/apply-now-for-egus-science-journalism-fellowship-2023-up-to-5k/
Eligibility Criteria for EGU Science Journalism Fellowship
- To be eligible for the EGU Science Journalism Fellowship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a professional journalist with a track record of reporting on the earth, planetary or space sciences.
- You must be able to provide samples of your work, demonstrating your ability to report on scientific topics in an accurate and engaging manner.
- You must have a commission from a media outlet to report on the earth, planetary or space sciences.
- You must be able to attend the EGU General Assembly in Vienna, Austria, which takes place in April or May 2023.
16 June 2023.
More Related Content
- Total War and Alien Isolation Dev is Teasing a Third-person Action Game
- Best Jobs You can Get with a Degree in Journalism
- Highest Paying Jobs in Journalism
- Facebook Journalism Project: Facebook Journalism | Journalist Registration on Facebook
- Journalist Fellowship 2023-2024 in UK | Reuters Institute – Fully Funded