Are you interested in being a part of a global initiative that seeks to identify, support, and inspire Africa’s next generation of entrepreneurs? If yes, then the Africa Business Heroes (ABH) Prize Competition is your chance to make a significant impact on the African continent.
The ABH Prize Competition is a flagship philanthropic program initiated by the Jack Ma Foundation, which aims to provide African entrepreneurs with the support they need to realize their dreams and change the world.
Africa Business Heroes Prize Competition
The Africa Business Heroes (ABH) Prize Competition is an annual initiative launched in 2019 by the Jack Ma Foundation, in collaboration with Africa’s leading entrepreneurship organizations. The competition aims to identify, support, and inspire African entrepreneurs who are creating solutions that solve Africa’s most pressing problems.
The initiative is part of the Jack Ma Foundation’s efforts to promote entrepreneurship and support Africa’s economic growth. Successfully shortlisted ABH judges will be engaged in either an online review of applications or join video call interviews with ABH Finalists.
Participating Judges will help ABH to select the next set of ‘Africa’s Business Heroes’ finalists who will stand the chance to win up to $300,000 in grant funds, plus media exposure and training opportunities.
Benefits of Participating in the ABH Prize Competition
As Judges, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to Opportunities such as Mentorship, grants(capital), and business networks.
- Opportunity to showcase your business ideas and gain visibility in the African business community.
- Additionally, the competition provides entrepreneurs with the opportunity to learn from other successful African entrepreneurs and build relationships with potential investors and partners.
- You will get to add to the growth of promising & talented African entrepreneurs.
Eligibility Criteria for the ABH Prize Competition 2023
- The judges for the ABH Prize Competition are a group of experienced entrepreneurs, investors, and business leaders from across Africa and around the world.
- The judges are selected for their expertise in various industries and their commitment to supporting entrepreneurship in Africa.
- The ABH Prize Competition is open to African entrepreneurs who are 18 years or older;
- Have a business registered and headquartered in Africa;
- Are you the founder or co-founder of the business?
- The competition is open to entrepreneurs from all sectors and industries.
How to Apply for the ABH Prize Competition 2023
- To apply for the ABH Prize Competition, you must submit an online application via the ABH webpage at: africabusinessheroes.org/en/form-judges?reg
- Your registration will help ABH know you’re; skills sets and experience.
- Once your registration is received, it will be reviewed, you will then be notified of the decision within a week
- Application Deadline: Not specified
Can I apply for the ABH Prize Competition if I am not an African entrepreneur?
No, the ABH Prize Competition is only open to African entrepreneurs who have a business registered and headquartered in Africa.
How many winners are selected for the ABH Prize Competition?
The top 10 entrepreneurs are selected as winners of the ABH Prize Competition.
Will the ABH Prize Competition provide mentorship to the finalists?
Yes, finalists in the ABH Prize Competition will receive mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Can I apply for the ABH Prize Competition if I have not started a business yet?
No, the ABH Prize Competition is only open to entrepreneurs who have a registered and headquartered business in Africa.