Are you a feminist with a passion for social justice and Human right? Do you want to empower marginalized communities and create lasting change? Then the CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative (ELI) might be just what you’re looking for.
The CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative is a program designed for emerging feminist leaders who are passionate about human rights, social justice and want to build their skills and knowledge. The program is open to applicants from around the world and focuses on issues such as gender-based violence, LGBTQ+ rights, and reproductive justice.
CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative 2023
The CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative 2023 is a virtual Program that will run for a duration of one year, successfully Selected “Emerging Leaders” will have the opportunity to gain professional experience while working within CREA teams.
Additionally, the program will help Participants to have an understanding of the challenges of working within a fast-paced feminist rights organization, and also develop the required skills, networks, and knowledge needed to drive social change while understanding critical frameworks, perspectives, and management modalities that support social change movements.
The program allows participants to join a global community of passionate advocates while gaining access to resources, learning platforms, and mentorship for working in feminist social change and advocacy processes.
What is CREA?
The Centre for Rights Education and Awareness commonly referred to as CREA, is a feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India.
Founded in 2000, CREA works to advance the rights of marginalized groups, particularly women, girls, and sexual and gender minorities.
Benefits of Participating in the CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative
Successfully Selected Applicants (Emerging Leaders), will enjoy the following benefits:
- Emerging leaders will have the opportunity to Join the global community of feminists who are promoting human rights.
- Have access to professional development, networking, and learning opportunities
- Access platforms to connect with decision-makers and socially committed private sector representatives globally.
- Opportunity to participate in online and in-person workshops and learning sessions.
- Receive Training with continued learning and networking opportunities even after the program ends.
- Participants will be allowed to attend one of CREA’s Institutes in their second year.
- Emerging Leaders will receive a Certificate of experience upon successful completion of the program.
How to Apply for the CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative?
- Qualified Candidates must send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (Cv) and a cover letter showing their interest and reasons for applying to the address below
- The application deadline for submission is May 14, 2023, and the expected start date for the one-year fellowship will be 1st July 2023.
- Applicants must ensure that they Include in the subject line the name of the program: “Emerging Leaders Initiative”.
- The interview phase is for shortlisted candidates only
- For more details, kindly visit the official page of CREA at: creaworld.org
Eligibility Criteria for the CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative
The Emerging Leaders Initiative is open to:
- Early Career Professionals, recent graduates, or professionals with a passion for driving positive social change and impact based out of India.
- The program is open to applicants with diverse skill sets
- University degree in social sciences
- Posses Excellent management and networking skills
- Be Proficient in the use of English and also have a working knowledge of Hindi
- Be able to work across time zones, geographies, and nationalities
- Have the ability to handle periods of high-pressure work
- Applicants must be Identified as feminists
- Have a track record of activism and/or community organizing
The CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative is a unique opportunity for emerging feminist leaders to build their skills and knowledge, connect with like-minded individuals, and collaborate on advocacy campaigns and other projects. If you’re a passionate feminist committed to social justice, the ELI might be just what you’re looking for.
Check These Out
- The Best Podcast for Women – Women Podcasts You Would Love
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship – Apply Now
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Programme – Apply Now
- 7 Ways to Find What You Are Good At
- Is Consumer Service a Good Career Path?