American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Institution: American University
Program: Bachelors Degree
Deadline: 15 Dec 2021/15 Jan 2022 (annual)
Study in: USA
Course starts August 2022
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is a scholarship targeted to high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the United States and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is created for students w=ho will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
American University, Washington DC, USA
Level/Field(s) of study:
Any undergraduate study offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
One (1) scholarship is available
The scholarship is targeted to international students from any country in the world who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all the billable American University expenses (full tuition, room and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and other miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
The scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following: 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; or 120+ Duolingo
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2022.
Important: Students in the IB system should have a plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish all 13 years of study before August 2022.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2020.
To qualify for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by 15 December 2021 (priority deadline) or by 15 January 2022 at the latest. AU EGLS applicants must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2022. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
For more information, visit the official website.