UPG Sustainability Leadership Program 2022. The UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement that recruits individuals and organizations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability.
UPG Sustainability Leadership Program 2022
This is a movement that encourages and enables citizens at all levels to take positive action. A movement inspired by the UPG’s commitment to using what we have to do what we can, rather than wait for someone else to act. It is a movement that carries the notion that everyone can do something to make the world a more sustainable place.
The UPG believes that sustainability includes BOTH the usual “green” issues such as planting trees, recycling waste, managing energy, protecting the oceans (i.e protecting the ecosystem), AND other issues that have been central to our societies for a long time such as education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production and more.
For those who are familiar with it, the UPG uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a useful guide.
The flagship activity is the #UPGSustainability Leadership training program created for 500+ young adults from across the globe every year. There are also activities for schools and institutions as well as for companies.
- All your expenses will be paid by the organizers.
- You will be trained and certified as a UPG Sustainability Leader.
- You can be selected to participate in a complementary and immersive 1-week experience on Hurricane Island in the USA
- You will have an international network with young leaders all over the world
The UPG Sustainability Leaders include:
- For people who are very passionate about a specific area (e.g. jobs or education or oceans), there is no need to be passionate in all areas.
- Both people who have already taken action related to sustainability AND people who have NEVER taken action
- People from all over the world
- People aged between 18 to 35 on 1 October 2022
- People of different levels of education
- People who have a strong motivation to be UPG Sustainability Leaders
- People who are willing and able to take action on sustainability
- People who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
This diversity means that everyone stands a chance when they make the selection of the final UPG Sustainability Leaders. Please note that your age must be a minimum of 18 years or a maximum of 35 years on 1 October 2022. This is to ensure that all participants are within this age group for the duration of the training and experiences that are planned.
Please also note that training is conducted in English, therefore, candidates are required to be able to speak, read and write in English.
Eligible Regions: Open for All