The TechWomen Exchange Programme 2022 (Fully Funded To United States) Application Deadline is January 5, 2022. This is a United States Government fully funded exchange program created to empower and inspire young women from around the world to pursue careers in science and technology.
TechWomen Exchange program connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them with access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
TechWomen Exchange Programme 2022 (Fully Funded To United States) – Selection Process
Participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by some independent selection committees made up of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists of this process may be interviewed by a United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
TechWomen Eligibility Requirements
- Be women with, a minimum of two years of full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience do not count in the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or its equivalent.
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or Zimbabwe at the time of the application and while participating in the program.
- Must be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not having applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) within the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate themselves as true emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities, and education.
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned from the program and mentor women and girls.
- Have limited or no previous experience in the United States.
- A strong and proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities.
- Have a track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity in their endeavors.
TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities and difficulties.
To apply, complete the Fall TechWomen 2022 application form and submit it electronically by 09:00 AM PST (GMT-08:00), Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
The application portal for The Fall 2022 TechWomen will close on 09:00 AM PST (GMT-08:00), Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application (non-select or semi-finalist) on or before April 30, 2022. Semi-finalists will be contacted for an in-country interview on April 2022. Final decisions will be made on or before May 31, 2022, and all applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
For more information visit the official webpage: https://www.techwomen.org/program/overview