Application is now open for international students around the world to apply for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2022.
About AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The AU Emerging Global Leader scholarship program is offered by the American University EGL.
The scholarship covers all billable AU expenses which Include: full tuition, room expense, and board for one international student who will need a visa to study in the United States. Preferably for this scholarship is an F-1 or J-1 student visa.
The promotion of educational access and opportunity is one of the aims of the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship program. The scholarship seeks to enhance international diversity.
Additionally, the scholarship brings together the best of AU’s academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement. Basically, the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves its vision.
Summary of the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): American University
- To be taken at American University
- Scholarship Worth: The scholarship covers the full tuition, room, and board
- Number of Awards: One
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Eligible Nationality: international students.
Criteria For Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Interested applicants should note the following eligibility criteria:
- International students facing obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds will be preferred mostly
- An applicant must have a minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent to of 4.0 GPA for 9th-12th grades.
- The applicant must demonstrate commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with either of the following are eligible to apply:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2018)
- 0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Also, accepted for this program are students who are currently enrolled in high school and are to graduate by June 2022.
- The following set of persons are not eligible to apply if;
- A U.S. citizen, U.S. citizens with dual citizenship, and another country
- Persons who are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in their home country or the United States.
- Those who graduated secondary school earlier than 2020.
Easy steps to Applying For the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2022
The steps below will guide you toward applying for the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship:
- The first step is to complete the online AU EGLS application at: https://www.american.edu/admissions/freshman/special-academic-programs.cfm, the application will be available on September 1, 2022.
- You will need to submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form with each of them showing a minimum of U.S.$4,000. You can upload the documents via your Future Eagle Portal.
- Then submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English, and PTE results by latest December 15, 2022. Ensure you have official English proficiency score reports sent directly to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Once you’re done you then complete and submit the Common Application together with all supporting documents per checklist by the AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2022, or by January 15, 2023, at the latest. The full application packet must include a bank letter confirming a minimum of US$4,000, failure to submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Please note that If you are not selected, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC, and eligible for partial merit scholarships. But you will need to submit a proof of funds totaling U.S.$73,802 to continue the process.
If you’re selected, you will be scheduled for Zoom interviews and additional essay submissions for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists.
The following expenses below are covered:
- All AU expenses are, full tuition, room, and board for one international student who will need a visa to study in the United States.
- Non-billable expenses such as health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses around U.S.$4,000 per year are not covered by this scholarship.
Best of luck!