The aim of the CNN Academy The Rockefeller Foundation Climate Storytelling Program is to equip journalists, content creators, and communicators with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively cover climate-related issues that impact their respective regions.
CNN Academy, The Rockefeller Foundation Climate Storytelling Program 2023
The selected climate storytellers will participate in a comprehensive media training program organized by CNN Academy. This program will cover various aspects of climate change reporting, including:
- Gaining an understanding of climate science and its implications for local communities.
- Learning investigative journalism techniques and data-driven reporting specific to climate change.
- Developing strategies to effectively communicate complex scientific information to diverse audiences.
- Considering ethical considerations in climate reporting, such as community engagement and representation.
- Exploring multimedia storytelling approaches, such as visual storytelling, video production, and engaging with social media.
- Employing best practices for fact-checking, verifying sources, and combating misinformation.
- Receiving support and mentorship to create a news story about climate change in the local context. This story will be shared and promoted by CNN and The Rockefeller Foundation.
Benefits Of CNN Academy The Rockefeller Foundation Climate Storytelling Program 2023
- Fully funded participation: Travel, accommodation, training materials, and meals covered
- CNN Academy Certificate upon successful completion
- Opportunity to showcase documentaries on CNN or CNN Academy platforms
Meet the following eligibility below to have access to the application:
- Identify as a content creator, journalist, or storyteller who is in the early stages of their career.
- Show a clear interest in and enthusiasm for telling stories about climate change, with examples of relevant work if available.
- Live and be employed in a country situated in the Global South, encompassing emerging nations in Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, and Asia.
- Have exceptional communication abilities and be proficient in both verbal and written English.
- Demonstrate a commitment to actively participate in the entire training program and apply the skills acquired to their reporting projects.
- Be willing and able to travel to Abu Dhabi for the CNN Academy Climate Storytelling Simulation, taking place from December 3rd to December 10th.
The selection process for proposals will involve assessing the applicant’s experience, clear dedication to climate reporting, and the potential impact that their participation in the program could have on their work. A panel of experts in climate communication will carefully review all submissions and choose 15 candidates who closely align with the objectives of the initiative.
How To Apply For CNN Academy/The Rockefeller Foundation Climate Storytelling Program 2023
Candidates interested in applying can choose between two options, either using an interactive video form or a traditional form. below are the steps for a successful application:
- An explanation of how the training will contribute to their professional development and enhance climate reporting in their region.
- Contact information, that includes your email address and phone number.
- If applicable, a portfolio showcasing their previous reporting work, including links to published articles, videos, or any relevant content.
- Confirmation of availability to attend the complete training program on the specified dates.
- To begin your Application, click here. To gain more knowledge about the program, visit the official website.
November 15, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- CNN Breaking News – How to Get to the Latest Breaking News on CNN
- Rockefeller Foundation Acumen Food Systems Fellowship 2023 – Apply Now!
- A Murder-Free Real-Life Squid Game Happening In Abu Dhabi
- United Arab Emirates – United Arab Emirates on a Map | UAE
- Ocean Storytelling Photography Grant 2023 (Cash Prize of $2000) – APPLY NOW