Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023/2024 in Canada ($70,000 Annual Funding) is currently available. Canada is known to be one of the top destinations for international students to pursue their higher education.
However, the country provides ample opportunities for research, innovation, and growth. One such opportunity is the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
Furthermore, the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for the year 2023/2024 in Canada, offers an annual funding of $70,000 to successfully selected Candidates.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme aims to develop the leadership potential and excellence of postdoctoral researchers by offering them an opportunity to conduct research in any field of their choice.
The programme is administered by the Government of Canada’s three research funding agencies. They include namely the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the SSHRC.
Benefits of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023/2024
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme provides a range of benefits to the selected fellows, including:
- An annual stipend of $70,000.
- An allowance of $5,000 annually for research activities
- Health insurance coverage.
- Relocation allowance of up to $2,500.
- Professional development opportunities.
Application Process for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023/2024
The application process for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is highly competitive and rigorous. The following steps are involved:
- Finding a host institution: Applicants must identify a host institution in Canada that can support their research program.
- Contacting potential supervisors: Applicants must contact potential supervisors to obtain their support and willingness to host them as postdoctoral fellows.
- Preparing the application: Applicants must prepare a comprehensive research proposal, which includes a detailed plan of their proposed research and how it aligns with the research priorities of the host institution and the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
- Submitting the application: Applicants must submit their application, including their research proposal and other required documents, before the deadline of 20 September 2023.
- Visit the official page for More Infor at: banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca
Eligibility Criteria for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023/2024
To be eligible for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a recognized university no earlier than September 15, 2018, and no later than September 30, 2023.
- Must not have previously held a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or an international student who has obtained their PhD or equivalent from a Canadian university.
- Research excellence and potential: The originality, relevance, and potential influence of the applicant’s research proposal are all considered.
- Leadership potential and communication abilities: These are assessed based on the applicant’s track record of leadership, engagement, and dissemination efforts.
- Support from the applicant’s host institution: The applicant’s host institution’s research environment, resources, and support for the proposed research program are assessed.
Who is Eligible for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme?
Applicants who have completed a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a recognized university and meet other eligibility criteria can apply for the programme.
Can international Students Apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme?
Yes, international students who have obtained their PhD or equivalent from a Canadian university can apply for the programme.
How much Funding does the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme offer?
The programme offers an annual stipend of $70,000, a research allowance of $5,000 per year, health insurance coverage, a relocation allowance of up to $2,500, and professional development opportunities.
How competitive is the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme?
The programme is highly competitive, and the selection process is based on a merit-based evaluation of the applicants’ research excellence, leadership potential, and host institution support.
When is the deadline for submitting the application for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for 2023/2024?
The deadline for complete application submission for the Banting postdoctoral fellowship programme for 2023/20234 is September 20, 2023 (20:00 EDT). While the evaluation of applications is from October to December 2023.
CHECK THESE ALSO:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship In Canada 2023 – Apply Now
- Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship in Canada – How to Apply
- Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024 – How to Apply
- African Scholars – LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
- ACLS Leading Edge Fellowship Program 2023 for Postdoctoral Students – Apply Now
- The Facebook Fellowship Program