The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) Fellowship Scheme is an exciting opportunity for early-career economists and statisticians to work as public sector civil servants in low- and middle-income countries for a period of two years.
The scheme aims to enhance capacity building in developing countries by providing technical expertise to support policy-making and implementation.
About the ODI Fellowship Scheme
The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) Fellowship Scheme is a highly competitive program that places young professionals with a master’s degree or higher in economics or statistics in government ministries and agencies in developing countries.
The fellows work on a range of issues, from macroeconomic policy to poverty reduction strategies to health care delivery.
Are you a talented individual from a developing country with a passion for development issues? If so, you may be interested in the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) Fellowship Scheme.
Summary of the ODI Fellowship Scheme 2023
- Type of Programme: Fellowship
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Salary: Fellows will receive GBP 21,000
- Location: Global
- Hours: Full time
- Applicants Closing Date: 27 April 2023
- Interview Date: June 19 to 21, 2023
What are the Benefits of the ODI Fellowship Scheme?
The ODI Fellowship Scheme offers a range of benefits to successful applicants, including:
- A two-year fellowship with a host organization in a developing country
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to work on challenging development issues and make a real impact
- Training and professional development program
- The chance to build a network of contacts and gain valuable experience in the development sector.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the ODI Fellowship Scheme 2023?
To be eligible for the ODI Fellowship Scheme, you must:
- Have a relevant postgraduate qualification (such as a Master’s degree) in a development-related field
- Have at least two years of relevant work experience in the development sector
- Have excellent English language skills.
How to Apply for the ODI Fellowship Scheme 2023
Applications for the ODI Fellowship Scheme are accepted annually, To apply:
- You must submit a detailed application form, including your CV, academic transcripts, and
- A statement of purpose outlining your interest in the fellowship and your relevant experience and skills.
- Official Application page: isw.changeworknow.co.uk
The selection process for the ODI Fellowship Scheme is highly competitive and rigorous. Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend an assessment day in London, where they are tested on their skills and knowledge of development issues.
Successful candidates are then matched with a host organization in a developing country, where they will spend two years working on a specific development project.
FAQs for ODI Fellowship Scheme
Is the ODI Fellowship Scheme Open to Citizens of All Developing Countries?
Yes, the scheme is open to citizens of all developing countries.
What kind of Development Projects do Fellows Typically Work On?
Fellows work on a wide range of development projects, from health and education to governance
The ODI Fellowship Scheme is a fantastic opportunity for talented individuals from developing countries to gain valuable experience in the field of international development.
With a competitive salary, comprehensive training program, and the chance to work on challenging development issues, this scheme provides a unique and rewarding experience. If you are interested in applying, do that before the application deadlines.
Check These Out
- ODI Fellowship Scheme 2023-2025 For Early Career Economists Fully Funded
- Essay Award For Young Economists – World Trade Organisation
- Access Bank ART X Prize for African Artists
- Youth Mobility Scheme Visa – How to Apply
- Laid-Off Tech Workers Are Currently Getting New Jobs Quickly
- Facebook Establishes New Civil Rights Organization
- Overseas Research Scholarship 2022 At Newcastle University – How to Apply Now