If you have dreams or intentions of studying in New Zealand but you do not have the financial capability, this is for you. The AUT International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand are awarded to international students having outstanding performance as a contribution to their tuition fees to study in New Zealand.
AUT International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand
The AUT scholarship is also known as the Auckland University of technology in conjunction with the faculty of culture and society is providing scholarships to recognize and support high-achieving international students as they begin their journey to become great graduates of AUT.
Summary of the AUT International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand
Details about this scholarship are given below in a summarized format;
Sponsors of the Scholarship: AUT, New Zealand
Scholarship Type: Tuition Awards
Institution Hosting the Scholarship: AUT, New Zealand
Scholarship Benefits: $7,000 per annum
Number of Awards: 35 scholarships
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International students
Purpose of the Award
The main purpose of this award is to support high-achieving international students as they begin their journey to becoming great graduates of AUT.
Successful scholars will receive the following prizes;
- $7,000 contribution towards fees.
- 35 different scholarships on offer.
Eligibility Criteria for the AUT International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria;
- The applicant must be an international student who can pay their fees (Note: International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of the nations, New Zealand or Australia).
- A current and genuine conditional or unconditional offer to enroll in a Faculty of Culture and Society program is required to be given this scholarship (undergraduate level or above, excluding doctoral and at least 120 points).
- Applicants will be required to enter their AUT Student ID in the appropriate section. 4. Academic achievement and the strength of the personal statement are the two major criteria used to award these scholarships (no more than 200 words).
- Candidates must declare whether they have applied for any other scholarships, both domestically (given by AUT) and outside (e.g., government scholarships).
Document Required for Application
To apply for this scholarship, you must have the following documents and they must be submitted on or before the application deadline
- Offer to study at AUT, unconditional or conditional.
- A thorough academic record that includes the most recent transcript with the most recent qualification’s grading system.
- A completion certificate, if necessary (such as a certificate for a bachelor’s degree).
- A 200-word maximum personal statement outlining your motivation for applying for the award.
- By the deadline, all supporting documents must be uploaded; otherwise, the application will be rejected.
How to Apply for the AUT International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand
To get this scholarship, you must apply through the online platform, this portal will only be opened during the eligible period of application
The application process for the AUT International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand must be completed online through the AUT Scholarships database.
Candidates must meet the requirements for the category to which they are applying.
- When you get to the official website, click on the link that contains the online form.
- You will be led to the next page, containing the application form online
- When you get to the application page, click “apply now”
Now, follow the steps given on the next set of pages to complete your application process.
The deadline for applying for this scholarship is the month of May and November every year.
The official website for application is www.aut.ac.nz
Frequently Asked Questions
Does New Zealand offer full scholarships for international students?
Of course, New Zealand offers several scholarships to assist international students to study in New Zealand. There are lots of scholarships available to citizens from selected developing countries, to enable them to undertake vocational training or tertiary-level study in New Zealand.
How Much Percentage Is Required for Scholarship in New Zealand?
To get a scholarship in New Zealand, you must have an average grade point of at least 50-60% in your undergraduate studies. To get this scholarship, you are required to submit GRE, IELTS, GMAT, and TOEFL scores as part of your application process.
Is It Easy to Get Scholarship In NZ?
It is not a piece of cake; you can apply for a scholarship in any country. New Zealand is an easy country where there are multiple scholarship options available, making it easy for international students to get accepted at their dream universities here. However, there are lots of students struggling to apply for these scholarships at the same time.
How Can an International Student Study in New Zealand for Free?
The following are the steps required to study in New Zealand for free;
- Make sure that you are a great applicant
- Prepare your application early
- Apply to New Zealand Universities.
- Look for Scholarships offered by New Zealand Universities.
- Look for Scholarships from your government
- Look for External Scholarships.
Is New Zealand Good for International Students?
New Zealand has a lot to offer, including a world-class educational system, credentials recognized internationally, numerous research possibilities, and an unmatched quality of life. You can count on a warm, friendly community and a first-rate international student support system while you are a student here.
Is New Zealand cheap for international students?
International students must pay tuition to attend a public institution in New Zealand. The amount varies depending on the type of degree, education level, and length of your studies: Bachelor’s degrees typically cost 4,100–6,100 EUR each year. Master’s degrees range from 7,300 to 10,500 EUR per year.