The Australian Catholic University is inviting suitably qualified international students to apply for its ACU Postgraduate Scholarship for the 2024-25 academic calendar. The scholarship will run from 1 Sep 2023 at 08:00 AM (AEST) through the 30th of Sep 2023 at 11:59 PM (AEST).
The Australian Catholic University scholarship is designed to reward commencing undergraduate and postgraduate International students with outstanding academic merit in prior studies.
ACU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship 2024-2025
The Australian Catholic University is offering up to 20 scholarship opportunities to eligible students at the University, each of these scholarships will last for the full duration of the recipient’s chosen course of study, however, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
The ACU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships reward students on the basis of academic merit. Therefore, you’re expected to achieve a minimum of an average result of 80% in prior studies for your scholarship application to be considered. The required averages are often calculated from studies done in the past two years
This scholarship also covers up to 2 Higher Degree by Research scholarships equivalent to the fees and offers a stipend for recipients enrolling in a Masters by Research or Doctoral course of study.
Benefits of the ACU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships
Recipients of the ACU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships can look forward to the following:
- Half or Partial coverage of the student’s full-time fees for the minimum duration of the chosen course (inclusive of RPL/Credit)
- Australia Catholic University offers up to 20 scholarships annually (14 in Semester one and 6 in Semester two)
- Both Future or Commencing Students are eligible to receive this award
Eligibility Criteria for ACU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships
Applicants who meet all of the conditions below are eligible for the ACU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships by the closing date:
- Citizenship: international students
- Eligible Course: All Australian Catholic University coursework degree (excluding pathway, Diploma and Graduate Certificate courses)
- Required study load: Full-time
- Applicants must have received an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at ACU, commencing in Semester 1, 2024
- He or She already has achieved results of at least 80% (equivalent to a GPA of 5.8 on the ACU 7-point scale) in a previous study completed within the last two or four years for undergraduates and postgraduate applicants respectively
- Applicants must be applying for an ACU program that is an equal or higher level of study than the currently held qualifications
- Must not be currently receiving any other ACU scholarship or award and not have previously studied at ACU at the same level as your commencing course
- Candidates must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
During the application process for the ACU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships, applicants will be required to provide the following:
- Proof of academic merit, with achievement of an average of at least 80% (GPA 5.8 on the ACU 7-point scale) across a most recent program of study.
- Please note that academic records must include original language documents, translations (where applicable), and an official explanation of the grading system).
- To apply, click this link: https://acu.smapply.io/prog/272926/apply/
- You can find more details about this scholarship at the ACU official website at https://acu.smapply.io/prog/acu_international_student_scholarship/
ACU Scholarship Applications are assessed based on academic merit.
The applicant’s country of origin and the courses they are taking (including across a variety of undergraduate and graduate coursework programs and campuses) may both be taken into account by the selection committee.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global and Educational Pathways), the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or their nomination), the Associate Director of Strategic Support and Operations, and the Associate Director of Global Marketing and Partnerships will make the selections.
The Selection Committee may take into account the diversity of the applicant’s source countries and the courses they are enrolled in when evaluating applications, in addition to the eligibility and selection criteria (including across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs and campuses).
The following must be upheld by recipients in order to preserve their eligibility for this scholarship:
- An overall course GPA of 4.75 or above (based on the ACU’s seven-point scale).
- A minimum grade of Pass for each unit they were registered for during the previous study period.
- Transfer of Scholarship to a different campus or program is not allowed after the first enrollment.
- Once a student is enrolled, the scholarship cannot be transferred to different programs or campuses.
- Students must make the necessary tuition payments by the scheduled due dates
- For up to a year while a student is on an authorized leave of absence, the scholarship is still in effect.
30 Sep 2023 11:59 PM (AEST)
More Related Content
- ACU Global Excellence Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students ( Up to $20,000) – Apply Now
- Australian Catholic University (ACU) Scholarship 2023 For International Students
- ACU Summer School 2023 In South Africa – Apply Now!
- Association of Commonwealth Universities Early Career Conference Grants 2023
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships