The Zukunftskolleg, an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS), is inviting eligible Scholars from Africa, Asia and Latin America, to apply for its ZUKOnnect Fellowships 2024. The Fellowship is now open for applications until 15 February 2024.
Final-year PhD students are particularly encouraged to apply, as these scholarships can serve as a first step toward integration into the German and European academic systems. Please note that ZUKOnnect Fellows will not be offered employment contracts by the Zukunftskolleg.
An Overview of ZUKOnnect Fellowships 2024
The ZUKOnnect Fellowships program welcomes and provides support to early career researchers from the aforementioned region, who conduct research that falls under one of the thirteen departments at the University of Konstanz.
While participating in the ZUKOnnect Fellowships, your position at home can still be maintained, while you use this time as a ZUKOnnect Fellow to expand your research networks and familiarize yourself with the University of Konstanz’s research environment.
- A stipend of €1,300 for doctorate students and €2,000 for postdoctoral researchers will be provided during the on-campus research stay (by DAAD criteria).
- Standard costs for one journey to and from Konstanz in economy class.
- Participants will have the opportunity to take part in activities that the Zukunftskolleg hosts.
- Fellows will have access to library materials and IT services.
- In addition, fellows will have access to services for research support (via Research Support).
- ZUKOnnect Fellows will receive a digital affiliation that will allow the duration to be extended to a full year. Up to € 900 (lump sum) will be provided to facilitate the digital affiliation.
- Fellows will be enrolled in a German language course both online and on-site.
- During the on-site ZUKOnnect Fellowship, you are required to reside in Konstanz or a neighboring area. The University of Konstanz’s Welcome Center will assist you with all parts of the relocation process.
- You will actively participate in the multidisciplinary conversation at the Zukunftskolleg during the digital affiliation and the on-campus research stay, for example, during the weekly Jour fixe sessions (during the semester).
- You will communicate with fellows and researchers from the University of Konstanz who work in related disciplines.
- You’ll present in a lecture to the public or at a seminar.
- In any publications that arise from the visit, you shall give credit to the Zukunftskolleg for their assistance.
- You’re expected to write a brief report about your activities and achievements within 6 months after completing the ZUKOnnect Fellowship.
- Have formal education and currently work in Latin America, Asia and/or Africa.
- Posses a doctorate of 2 years maximum, which must be granted after 15 February 2022 or Candidates should be currently in their final year.
- The Candidate’s doctorate was obtained or will be completed at a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- Applicants must not have a permanent professorship, nor have a habilitation or equivalent qualification
- The proposed research project must fit into one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Candidates are expected to name a researcher at the University of Konstanz, with whom they intend to collaborate
Candidates who meet the above requirements should visit the application portal at: https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/en/jobposting/b7a69ab584b57e6817ba190c61d2428b40b751483/apply to apply
More details about the ZUKOnnect Fellowships can be found at the Official website at: https://www.uni-konstanz.de/zukunftskolleg/fellowships/zukonnect-fellowship/
15 February 2024.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Fully Funded IAS Scholarship Program 2023 for Developing Countries – Apply Now!
- Energy Globe Award 2023 Up to €2,000 Prize – APPLY NOW
- Leading Asia Scholarship 2023 – Apply Now
- Fully Funded Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program 2024 – APPLY NOW
- 3RD Edition of The Esperanza Pertusa Foundation Photography Award 2023 (Win up to €2,000)