Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program 2024-25 is now open for eligible students at the University. The Graduate student assistant positions are a type of employment for students that provide research or teaching services to Western Oregon University as part of their academic and professional training and development.
In exchange for these services provided by students at Western Oregon University, they receive a remuneration or compensation package that includes both salary and tuition fee remission. However, to be eligible for this position, students must be accepted into a full-time program at the University.
The Western Oregon University
Western Oregon University is situated in Monmouth, Oregon, in the United States, it is a public institution founded in 1856 by the Pioneers of the Disciples of Christ.
The latter names of this prestigious institution are; Oregon State Normal School, Oregon College of Education, and Western Oregon State College. Currently, there are about 3,750 students enrolled.
Benefits of the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program
- For nine (9) months, each Graduate Assistant (GA) will get $1176 every month. (Unless they are 4-term employees)
- Graduate students hired by the university are compensated at institutionally set compensation rates and are not required to pay tuition for the first twelve (12) graduate credit hours of each term.
- The building charge, incidental fee, health cost, one-time matriculation fee, online fee, and any other fees authorized for the University in accordance with the graduate student price schedule are assessed and paid by graduate assistants on an individual basis.
- The university will charge the assistant the resident rate for an additional instruction fee for any credit hours beyond the twelve-credit limit when the assistant is permitted to register over 12 graduate credit hours each term.
Eligibility Requirement For Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program 2024-25
To be eligible for the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program 2024-25, Candidates must meet the requirements below:
- The applicant must be accepted in full to Western Oregon University’s master’s program.
- The graduate assistant’s responsibilities must align with the student’s intended professional path and/or graduate program.
- The assistantship must start by the first week of the term at the latest.
- By the first week of the term in which the student holds the assistantship, the Graduate Programs office must have the student’s approved master’s degree program on file.
How to Apply
To apply for the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program 2024-25, kindly click this application link (pdf): https://graduate.wou.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Grad_assistant_app7.pdf
For more details about this program, visit the Western Oregon University website at: https://graduate.wou.edu/graduate-assistants-overview/
February 1, 2024.
More Related Content
- Home Warranty Companies in Oregon
- The International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Scholarship – Study At Oregon State University, USA
- IMU (International Mathematical Union) GRAID Program 2023 – Apply Now
- Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships for International Students in U.S.A
- Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023 – Apply Now