The International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) is a Scholarship offered by Oregon State University, USA to international students in exchange for cultural services to Oregon State University.
The International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Scholarship
This University established the International Cultural Service Program in 1983, since the inception of this awesome scholarship, it has attracted a significant number of excellent and outstanding students from countries around the world.
Basically, this scholarship puts an invitation across to students to speak at elementary, middle, and high school classes, university classes, civic and youth organizations, retirement homes, or church groups.
It is mandatory for candidates applying for this program to have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible for a $15,000 yearly scholarship. Part of the objective of the International Cultural Services Program is to bring about an increase in cultural awareness and understanding throughout the local region and the state of Oregon.
ICSP application is open for International students who are seen to have financial needs and exceptional merit. Successful applicants of the International Cultural Service Program will receive a partial tuition-waiver scholarship ranging from $9,000 t0 $35,000 per year, depending on financial need, and this scholarship fund remains consistent each term.
The scholarship program requires ICSP students to complete eighty hours per year of cultural service. The Cultural service activities may include speaking or giving demonstrations to schools or community groups as mentioned earlier about the heritage and culture of the recipient country or participating in international events on campus.
Details of International Cultural Service Program 2022
- The Application Deadline: 18th February 2022 by 4 p.m. (PST).
- The Scholarship Program is Offered Annually
- Program: Undergraduate, Masters
Requirements for International Cultural Service Program 2022
- It is mandatory for applicants to be fully admitted to the University of Oregon to gain approval for this scholarship.
- To be eligible, applicants must not be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- The Applicants must be seen to have financial needs and meet the minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA requirement.
The Selection Criteria for ICSP
- A Demonstration of financial need
- An Experience in participating in cultural activities
- Shown performance and presentation skills
- Outstanding academic records
- Good communication skills
- The worth of Oregon State University International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Scholarships is $7,500 to $30,000
- Number of Scholarship: the award is about 10 to 20
The Application Process for International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) 2022
The application process of this scholarship can be completed in a few minutes, simply follow the steps below:
- First, you must apply for admission to the University of Oregon via the official website before you can apply for the International Cultural Service scholarships.
- An email will be sent to you afterward, check your email for an invitation to enter the University of Oregon Scholarship Dashboard. This process happens within a week of submitting your application for admissions.
- Then you Log in to the University of Oregon Scholarship Dashboard at: https://financialaid.uoregon.edu/scholarships#apply and submit the General Application, ISSS Endowed Scholarships Application and the ICSP Scholarship Application.
Note: it is mandatory that you apply for admission prior to this step, and all applications and Reference Letters must be submitted before the deadline date. Don’t forget to go through the Application Requirements before applying.
You can the Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details.