Do you want to know How to add a mobile number to your Facebook account? Well, like always I will always tell you this is easy, but there is a catch.
The catch here is that the steps of adding a mobile number to your account on Facebook will be easy if only you know how to go about it. And this is what this article is all about.
How to Add a Mobile Number to Your Facebook Account
Adding a mobile number to your account on Facebook is one of the many basic Facebook features. This is one of the first things I did on the platform back when I created my account. For those people who never knew about this feature, here is something for you.
You can always add a mobile number to your account on Facebook on your settings page. and besides adding a mobile phone number to your Facebook account, I strongly recommend that you always add an email address to your account on the platform so as to easily and successfully recover your account in the event that you ever lose access to your mobile phone.
What You Need To Add a Mobile Phone Number to Your Account on Facebook
In this matter, you only need one thing in place. And what is this? You will need to be a registered account holder on Facebook. It is that simple. Without a Facebook account, you can never add a mobile phone number to the platform. If you, therefore, do not have a registered account on Facebook, I advise you to set one up now.
Creating a Facebook account as always is free and it hasn’t changed yet. All you need to do to successfully create an account on Facebook is to go to www.facebook.com. You can also create a Facebook account directly from the mobile app. First, you will need o download and install the mobile app on your devices from your device’s app store such as the Google play store and the apple app store for both Android and iOS devices respectively.
Steps to Adding a Mobile Phone Number to Your Facebook Account
To successfully add a mobile phone number to your account on Facebook, please follow the steps below;
- Go to facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner of Facebook and select Settings and privacy.
- Click on settings and select mobile in the left column.
- Next, click on the + add a phone to add your first phone number and click on the + add another mobile phone number to add more numbers.
- In the space provided, enter your mobile phone number and select whether you would like to get a text message or a phone call with your confirmation code, and then click on continue. You may however need to check to see if you have turned on mobile texts.
- Lastly, enter your confirmation code and click on the confirm tab.
- Open the Facebook mobile app and tap on the hamburger icon in the top right.
- Scroll down your device and tap on settings and privacy.
- Tap Settings and tap on the personal information tab in the account settings section.
- Tap on contact info and to add your first number, enter your mobile number in the space provided for it and tap on adding a number.
- If you feel like adding another number, tap on an add phone number and enter the number you want to add, then tap on continue.
- You may be asked to enter a confirmation code when you add a number. If you do not get a message with a confirmation code, you will have to check to make sure that you have turned on mobile texts.
- Lastly, enter the confirmation code and tap on confirm.
- In the base right of Facebook, tap Menu.
- Look down and tap Settings and privacy, then, at that point, tap Settings.
- In the Account settings section, tap Personal information, then, at that point, tap Contact information.
- To add your first number, enter your number and tap Add Number. To add another number, tap Add Phone Number, enter your number and tap Continue.
- At the point when you add a number, you might be approached to enter a confirmation code. On the off chance that you don’t get a text message with a confirmation code, check to ensure that you’ve turned on mobile texts.
- Enter your confirmation code and tap Confirm.
Ensure you follow the above steps carefully and you are good to good.
How to Change Phone Number On Facebook For a Confirmation Code?
The first step to take on that is to scroll down to Facebook and tap on the setting and privacy button. Then, in the account setting, click on personal information. When that is down, tap the phone number, to add your first number. Then, enter your number and tap add number.
Should I Add a Phone Number to my Facebook Account?
Well, adding your phone number to your account will help keep your account secure. And it also makes it easier for you to connect with friends and families on Facebook. Furthermore, it makes it much easier to regain access to your account if you have trouble logging in to your account.
How Many Facebook Accounts Can I have?
You can have as many Facebook accounts as you want. However, you need a unique phone number or email address to set each of them. Notwithstanding, Facebook says it’s against its community standards to maintain more than one personal account.
Do I Have to Use My Real Name to Create a Facebook Account?
Yes, if you want to. It is actually against Facebook guidelines to use a fake name and profile information to set up an account. You can decide to use special characters when you enter your name. Furthermore, if Facebook suspects fraudulent activities, it might ask you to upload your id for verification purposes.
CHECK THIS OUT: