The Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023 is currently accepting applications for their scholarships with the major aim of equipping entrepreneurs of the future with skills and experience. Get the full details of this scholarship by reading the article in full.
Also Read: Amazon Prime Day TV Deals – Shop Now!
Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023
The Western Union fellowship is aimed at the next generation of entrepreneurs and community leaders from highly marginalized, displaced, underdeveloped, and developing countries around the globe.
Get a full summary of the details of this scholarship below;
Western Union Foundation Fellowship Summary
The table below contains more details about this scholarship;
Sponsors: Western Union Foundation
Fellowship: Fully Funded
Host Institutions: Watson Institute
Number of Awards: Many
Levels of Program: all levels
Nationality: All nationality
More Details About the Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023
The program’s combination of online and in-person components enables participants to benefit from the global participants while concentrating on having a local effect in their areas of study.
The Impact Series, workshops, and weekly check-ins are all part of the virtual program. Based on their performance and results over the course of the Fellowship, the Western Union Foundation Fellows will divide a $25,000 seed grant amongst the fellowship recipients.
Program Structure of The Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023
The fellowship begins with a 2-week intensive accelerator that focuses on the following areas;
One of the foundational elements of the Fellowship experience is community. Young entrepreneurs and leaders from various backgrounds join forces to grow as leaders in their communities and make a greater impact.
Fundraising, team building, transformational communication, growth mindset, bravery, fortitude, creativity, and leadership are a few examples of the skills to be developed here.
To become transformative leaders and entrepreneurs, fellows will be assisted in overcoming significant obstacles and growing the skills given above.
Each Fellow is required to lead a three-day program (known as Basecamp) in their hometown to inspire at least 25 more entrepreneurial leaders. They are given a stipend and logistical support for this.
The Process of the 2 Weeks Accelerator Program
During the two weeks acceleration program, you will have to take part in the following;
- directing a physical/local Basecamp in their neighborhood. For expenses covered, a stipend will be provided for you.
- Joining a monthly All Hands-on Deck gathering that offers community-building activities and courses for skill development.
- Receive $1,000 in seed money to start up or expand your ideas and ventures.
- attending Master Courses frequently with top business people and practitioners from all over the world. The youngest candidate for the U.S. Congress, the creator of Google’s self-driving car, and well-known leaders of Nobel Peace Prize-winning campaigns are just a few examples of past Master Course Teachers.
Eligibility Criteria for The Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023
To participate in the fellowship program, you must meet the following criteria;
- First of all, all the entrepreneurs applying for this fellowship must be able to commit to being part of the 16-week program
- Entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe can apply for this.
- All the ideal applicants will join with relevant social impact and leadership experiences and have proven experience in building community development projects within their communities.
How to Apply for The Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023
To apply for this fellowship program, follow the steps below;
- Go to the official website for the Western Union Foundation fellowship; is/western-union-foundation-fellowship/
- When you get to the home page, click on the button that says “apply now”
- On the next page, you will be asked to fill in the spaces on the next pages with all the information required. The requested information will most likely be your full name, email address, WhatsApp number, address, gender date of birth, country of citizenship, etc.
- You will also be required to give information about your educational background amongst others.
- After filling all the spaces with the required information, click on the button that says “submit”
The deadline to apply for this funding opportunity is the 15th of November, 2022.
Official Application Website
The official website for applying for this fellowship is Watson.is/western-union-fellowship-application/
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Fellowships Programs?
Fellowships are funded opportunities that can last for a week to a few years. These programs can be focused on professional, academic, and personal development. They are sponsored by specific organizations, institutions, or the government.
What Is Done in A Fellowship?
It is just like an internship. During fellowship training, a physician follows a specialist close to training. In the program, the learning physician is called a fellow.
What countries Offer Fully Funded Scholarships?
The countries offering fully funded scholarships are;
- The USA
- South Korea
- Germany, etc.
What Are the Easiest Scholarships to Get for International Students?
The easiest scholarships to get for international students are;
- Fulbright Scholarships.
- The American Association of University Women International Fellowship
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
Which Country Is Cheaper to Study in?
Norway. Although all of the Nordic countries are relatively cheap destinations for study, Norway remains free for everyone, from both within and outside the EU, at public universities, except for a few specialized programs.