The USADF 2022 Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge is an initiative of USADF’s Youth and Women Entrepreneurship Portfolio.
The Challenge is designed to address Africa’s youth project, economically empower youth and women, and impact job creation across the African continent.
USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge
The USADF 2022 Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge is intended to invest in Micro, Small, and Mid-Size enterprises (MSMEs) that aligns with the following:
- Enterprise that Address Africa’s youth project by prioritizing job creation to enhance youth productivity and livelihoods.
- Empower women and youth Economically to apply business solutions to social problems and create sustainable employment across Africa.
- Addresses issues of unmet needs of underserved and at-risk communities and/or market demand.
- To Formalize market opportunities and supply chain linkages for youth and women-owned MSME.
Summary of USADF 2022 Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Type of Program: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: United States African Development Fund (USADF)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
About United States African Development Fund (USADF)
United States African Development Foundation otherwise called USADF, is an independent U.S. government agency. USADF was founded by congress to invest in African grassroots organizations, entrepreneurs and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
The U.S. African Development Foundation USADF’s investments promote local economic development by increasing incomes, revenues and jobs, and creating pathways to prosperity for marginalized populations and underserved communities.
In the last five years, throughout Africa, with an emphasis on the Horn, Sahel and Great Lakes regions, USADF has invested more than $115 million dollars directly into over 1,000 African-owned small and medium-sized enterprises, entrepreneurs, and community organizations, and impacted over 4 million lives.
The focus of USADF is on fragile states and frontier markets, with an emphasis on the Sahel, the Horn, and the Great Lakes regions of Africa as mentioned above. Meanwhile, the USADF currently operates in 21 African countries, with investments in nearly 40 African countries to date.
Benefits of USADF 2022 Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge
Applicants that emerges winners will receive:
- A Grant capital of US$50,000 to US$250,000 from USADF.
- Complete Access to intensive local technical assistance and governance support.
How to Apply for USADF 2022 Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Interested applicants should note that applications will be accepted from September 6, 2022, to September 30, 2022.
- Any Proposals received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Applications will handled based on a first come, first served, so it is advised that applications are submitted well ahead of the window close.
Click the link below To Download The Application Form: https://www.usadf.gov/sites/default/files/inline-files/USADF%20Accelerate%20Africa
Criteria for USADF 2022 Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge Qualification
- All Applicants must be African-owned and managed by private companies;
- Applicants must be registered and operating in the following countries; Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Niger, Malawi, Mauritania, Liberia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia and
- Must clearly Express how they will benefit underserved populations across Africa including showing demonstrable positive impacts for youth and women.
- Clearly shows how they will achieve sustainable growth.
- Adequate Documentation of expertise in the field they are proposing or document how they will acquire the necessary expertise.
- A Clear documentation of how they will use USADF grant capital to carry out their concept.
September 30, 2022