Self-funding Postgraduate international students from Africa are eligible to apply for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship program for the academic year 2022/2023, successful applicants will receive £4,000 paid as a discount on/her tuition fee.
The University of Essex is home to the curious, brave and bold, in this institution, curiosity prevails, and new ways of thinking are pushed beyond boundaries. The University of Essex seeks to do things differently, hence, it places students’ success at the center of everything performed by the institution.
University of Essex Africa Scholarship
There are two commitments of this University; excellence in teaching and excellence in research. The University of Essex puts both home and international students’ success at the heart of its mission, supporting every student from every background to achieve outstanding outcomes; preparing our students to thrive in their future lives.
Interestingly, the University is in the global top 100 of the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings, which ranked more than 1,400 universities around the world.
Details of University of Essex Africa Scholarship
- The University of Essex Africa Scholarship Application Deadline: September 16, 2022
- Is this Scholarship Offered Annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- To be taken at (country): UK
- Type of Programme: Masters
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Value of Scholarship: £4,000
- Duration of Programme: 1 Year
The Application Process for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship
Interested and eligible candidates should note that the University of Essex Africa Scholarship:
- Does not require the submission of the application form
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered.
- The University of Essex will use its official transcripts and certificates submitted as part of the original application, and as evidence of grades achieved, and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
- Applicants that meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically awarded this scholarship
Visit the Program’s official Webpage below for more details: http://www.essex.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/masters/scholarships/africa.aspx
Eligibility Criteria for University of Essex Africa Scholarship
The following conditions for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship must be met by all interested candidates:
- Candidates must be classified as an international students for fee purposes
- Candidates must be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation
- He/She must be entirely self-funding their studies
- The candidate must be a graduate of any African country or any of the countries specified above
- Candidates must be applying for a full-time Masters’ course starting in 2020-21 (excluding MBA)
- Must meet the academic criteria in the table below:
Ghana: A CGPA of 3.0/4.0 or above
Nigeria: A CGPA of 3/5 or above
- Note that other member states of the African Union would need a 2:1 or above
- An Applicant would also be considered for this award if he/she is a national of an African nation and have a degree:
from a notable UK university, with a 2:1 or above, or from a well-known university with a 2:1 or above, or from any of the following countries listed below: China, Bangladesh, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Turkey, USA, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
The Selection Criteria
The selection process involves the University of Essex assessing your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.