Are you between 18 and 24 years old? Would you like to be a part of a unique educational program that enhances your skills in promoting peace, disarmament, non-proliferation, and arms control within your community? Do you want the opportunity to participate in a face-to-face regional workshop, as well as travel to the United Nations Headquarters in New York? This tailored opportunity is specifically designed for individuals like you.
United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training Programme
The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), with generous funding from the Government of Germany, is inviting young people to apply for the 2nd edition of the United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training Programme. This program is an innovative learning experience that aims to empower young individuals to actively promote disarmament within their communities.
The United Nations Secretary-General, António Guterres, has placed significant emphasis on involving and empowering young people. He acknowledges that their active participation is crucial in finding innovative solutions that our world urgently requires to make significant progress.
About The programme
In the 2nd edition of the training program, 15 young individuals will be chosen to participate. This edition will have a specific regional focus, aiming to gather a diverse group of young advocates for disarmament from different parts of the world, including Africa and Europe; Asia and the Pacific; and the Americas and the Caribbean. By incorporating regional perspectives, the program seeks to establish connections between these participants and the global disarmament discourse.
Furthermore, UNODA has included three job opportunities within the training program, specifically designed to support its implementation at regional levels. Details regarding these positions will be announced in the near future.
The selected 15 United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament will undergo training that covers the fundamental principles of disarmament, non-proliferation, and arms control, and their interconnectedness with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
After completing the initial courses, regular interactions will be facilitated between the Youth Champions and experts from think tanks, civil society organizations, and the diplomatic field by UNODA. Additionally, regional workshops and youth forums will be organized. Finally, at the end of the training, the 15 Youth Champions will have the opportunity to present their perspectives at an event held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 24 at the time of the application deadline in order to be eligible for the training program.
- The application is open to individuals who have a strong interest in participating in a unique learning program that aims to enhance their advocacy skills in areas such as peace, disarmament, non-proliferation, and arms control within their communities.
- Individuals who are interested in attending a regional workshop in person and have the opportunity to travel to the United Nations Headquarters in New York are welcome to apply.
How to Apply For The Programme
Click here to apply for the 2nd edition of the United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training Programme.
For more information visit the Official website.
November 27, 2023.
More Related Content
- United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training Programme 2023 [2nd Edition] – APPLY NOW
- VCDNP Internship Program 2024 – APPLY NOW
- Zoom Video Calls Supported on Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd – Zoom App and Alexa
- United Nations Regional Course in International Law 2023 for African Scholars – Apply Now!
- Google Play Third-Party is Live in South Korea – Developers Cut Reduced by 4%