The call for nominations has been announced for the UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize 2023 for Environmental Conservation, until 15 July 2023. Environmental conservation plays a critical role in preserving our planet for future generations. Recognizing the importance of this endeavor, UNESCO has established the Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Conservation.
This prestigious award celebrates individuals, groups, institutes, and organizations that have made exceptional contributions to the field of environmental conservation. In this article, we will explore the details of the UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize, the nomination Awards, Eligibility Criteria, and the nomination process. Keep reading!
UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize 2023 Overview
UNESCO extends an invitation to all Member States and Non-Governmental Organizations maintaining official partnerships with the organization to submit nominations for the 2023 edition of the UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Conservation. This inclusive call aims to encourage a diverse pool of nominees who have made significant impacts in safeguarding the environment.
Moreover, UNESCO strongly emphasizes the importance of female candidates and seeks to enhance their representation among the laureates. The call for nominations will remain open until 15 July 2023, providing ample time for the submission of deserving candidates.
The prize comprises a distinguished diploma and a financial reward of US$100,000, reinforcing the importance of the laureates’ work.
The award ceremony will take place during the World Science Forum in 2024, providing a global stage to showcase their achievements.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize accepts nominations from individuals, groups, institutes, and organizations engaged in environmental conservation.
- The focus lies on recognizing efforts that have made a substantial impact in preserving the environment and promoting sustainability.
- The contributions should demonstrate innovation, effectiveness, and sustainability, serving as a model for others to follow
- Self-nomination is not allowed
- Female nominations are highly encouraged for better representation in the selection of Laureates
- Nominations for the UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize should be submitted in English or French using the official nomination form at: https://forms.office.com
- The nomination form provides detailed guidelines on the information required, including a comprehensive description of the nominee’s contributions, supporting documentation, and letters of recommendation.
- It is crucial to follow the guidelines and provide accurate and compelling information to highlight the nominee’s achievements and their impact on environmental conservation.
- For more information, kindly visit UNESCO Sultan Qaboos Prize at: https://www.unesco.org/en/prizes/sultan-qaboos/nominations
July 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- UNESCO Essay Contest 2022 For Young Leaders – Goi Peace Foundation
- Safari Park San Diego – Safari Park Nairobi Village and Gorilla Forest
- UNESCO World Heritage Residence Scholarship 2023 for Young Creatives Worldwide (Call for Application)
- UNESCO Silk Roads Youth Research Grants 2023 (3RD Edition) – Apply Now
- Changemakers for the Planet Programme 2023 – APPLY NOW!