The UNESCO kulturweit-tandem Program is inviting eligible individuals from African countries and Germany to explore the histories of colonialism from many perspectives and to deal with its postcolonial present.
Successful Participants will be involved in developing projects in culture, education, and sustainability that can be implemented together in Germany. You can apply for the kulturweit-tandem Program via the link below from November 1st to 21st for the program and from May to October 2023
About The UNESCO kulturweit-tandem Program
In the course of the UNESCO kulturweit-Tandem program, each of the Two participants from an African country and Germany will deal with the history of colonialism and its effects on the present.
Both the two Participants will together develop projects against racism, which they can implement in theatres, museums, and schools, in associations, initiatives, or in companies in Germany.
The UNESCO kulturweit-Tandem program will run a 2-month daily language course, 4 weekly seminars in Kenya, and a 3-month project phase in Germany. Participants will receive financial support as well as be accompanied pedagogically. The kulturweit-tandem program enables you to be committed to a world without discrimination.
As a kulturweit-Tandem program Participant, you will gain international experience, have your creativity run wild in the project phase and also have the opportunity to build a strong network.
Summary of the UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program
- Host Organization: UNESCO
- Country: Kenya
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 21, 2022
- Location: Germany and Kenya
- Duration: The UNESCO kulturweit-Tandem program will run a 2 month daily language course, 4 weekly seminars in Kenya, and a 3-month project phase in Germany.
Brief History Of UNESCO
UNESCO is the short form for the “United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization”. The Organization contributes to peace and security by promoting international cooperation in education, sciences, culture, communication, and information.
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) also promotes knowledge sharing and the free flow of ideas to accelerate mutual understanding and more perfect knowledge of each other’s lives.
The UNESCO’s programmes are geared towards contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
Benefits of the UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program
The kulturweit Tendem Program offers Participants the following benefits:
- Cost coverage for all international and national flight travel or train to the seminar location and the deployment site and
- Participants will receive a Subsidy for the 2-month language course (German, English or French course)
- Free Accommodation and meals during the international seminar in an African country
- Participants will have a full-time job for three months in an institution in the cultural, educational, or sustainability sector in Germany with earnings amounting to 750 euros per month.
- Insurance for International health, liability, and accident
Costs to be incurred by Participants:
- Visa and all associated costs such as travel costs to embassies, consulates or authorities, processing fees, certifications, translations
- Cost of Transfer to the airport at the Participant’s place of residence
- Costs that exceed the monthly grant of 750 euros that was received during the 3-month project phase in Germany. The Applicant will cater for accommodation and food independently at this time.
- In the course of the project phase in Germany, German participants will maintain their health insurance.
How to Apply for UNESCO kulturweit-tandem Program 2023?
- All Interested and qualified candidates can apply by visiting the UNESCO webpage on: stelle.io to apply
- During the online application, the following will be requested:
- The Applicant’s motivation and expectations
- Educational/professional background
- Applicant’s idea of working in the deployment site and the tandem/two-person team
- Medical requirements, if applicable
- Visit the UNESCO website found below for more details: https://www.kulturweit.de/tandem
Criteria for the UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program Qualification
- To be eligible, the Applicants must live in Germany, Kenya, Madagascar or Tanzania;
- Applicants are expected to be the required age to be considered
- Must have basic language skills in German as well as French or English (Very good knowledge of one of these three languages)
Important dates and Venue for the UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program
- The UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem program will take place between May and October 2023 with the international seminar scheduled to take place in Kenya.
- Candidates can Apply from November 1 to 21, 2022.
November 21, 2022.