The UdeM Exemption Scholarship Program 2023 for International Students, is a new scholarship opportunity introduced by the University of Montreal.
As the name implies, an exemption is granted to successfully selected Candidates (international students), not to pay additional tuition fees at the University which they’re usually supposed to pay.
The main aim of the University of Montreal UdeM Exemption Scholarship Program is to assist exceptional and highly talented students globally, to attend one of the finest francophone research universities in the world.
The University of Montreal via this scholarship aims to attain its educational mission of enriching the cultural diversity of the Université de Montréal community. The program is scheduled to commence for winter 2023, summer 2023, fall 2023 and winter 2024 sessions.
Details About University of Montreal UdeM Exemption Scholarship Program
- Type: Academics
- Host Institution: University of Montreal
- Host Country: Canada
- Study location: University of Montreal
- Course: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2023
About University of Montreal
The Université de Montréal is a renowned French-language public research university located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, it was founded in 1878 as a satellite campus of the Université Laval.
With over 650 undergraduate programmes and graduate programmes offered, including 71 doctoral programmes, the university has its main campus is located in the Côte-des-Neiges neighbourhood of Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce on Mount Royal.
The University of Montreal became an independent institution upon receiving a papal charter in 1919 and a provincial charter in 1920. Subsequently, the university was relocated from Montreal’s Quartier Latin to Mount Royal in 1942 where it currently resides.
Financial Benefits of University of Montreal Scholarship Program
Benefits for Undergraduate:
- For Level A Undergraduates: $12,951.76 Each year or $6,475.88 per session for 15 credits
- For Level B Undergraduates: A $6,172.60 each year (30 credits) or $3,086.30 for 15 credits
- Level C: $2,159.15 for 30 credits or $1,079.57 per session for 15 credits.
Benefits for Masters:
- Non-research Candidates receive $10,046.35 per year (equivalent to 45 credits) or $3,348.78 equivalent to 15 credits.
- Research Candidates receives up to $10,169.68 for 3 sessions, or $3,389.89 per session
A $21,593.35 annually for 3 sessions, or up to $7,197.78 per session or $479.85 per credit
How to Apply for the University of Montreal UdeM Exemption Scholarship Program 2023-2024
Kindly follow the steps below to apply for UdeM Exemption Scholarship:
- The first step is to apply for admission by exploring the interactive checklist (Compass) for guidance: http://admission.umontreal.ca/parcours/index-en.html.
- Receive an offer of admission after a few days of submitting your admissions application. An access code will be sent to you for the “Student Centre.” You can monitor your application and receive your offer of the acceptance letter.
- The next step is to Accept the offer of admission to start the evaluation. As a student of the University, you’re not required to apply for a UdeM Exemption Scholarship as new candidates’ files will be evaluated to determine their eligibility and the amount of their exemption scholarship.
- Upon receiving your admission offer, you will receive notice of the award with the amount from Université de Montréal by email. You should then Print and keep this document in a safe place for future reference.
- University of Montreal official website: https://admission.umontreal.ca/en/scholarship-for-international-students/
Requirements for University of Montreal UdeM Exemption Scholarship Program Qualification
- To be eligible, the applicant must be an international student.
- Candidates must possess a study permit and are neither permanent residents of Canada nor hold Canadian citizenship.
- To be eligible the ideal Candidates should be full-time students at the Université de Montréal.
Documents Required for Application
The following documents are required for application:
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Official Academic transcripts
- Updated CV
- Letters of recommendation (One or more)
- A Motivation Letter for Scholarship
- English Language Proficiency
September 1, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Study in Canada – Canada Visa for Student
- Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships 2022/2023
- Qatar Scholarships 2023 for Undergraduates – Application Process
- Montreal University Scholarships 2023 for International Students in Canada – Apply Now!
- 10 Scholarships for Congolese to Study in Canada 2022