The TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 offers you a rare privilege to advance your career in Turkey and also contribute to the greater body of knowledge. If you’re a scientist from a developing country in the South, you’re invited to apply for this Postdoctoral Fellowship and embark on a journey of discovery and innovation.
TWAS, in collaboration with its partners, offers over 600 fellowships each year to scientists in the developing world who aspire to pursue PhDs and postdoctoral research. TWAS also awards prizes and accolades that are among the most prestigious in the field of scientific work within the developing world.
This post contains all the details of this fellowship program in Turkey, including the fellowship’s objectives, benefits, requirements, and application process. But, before exploring this TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, let’s discuss briefly about driving force behind it; TWAS.
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Overview
The World Academy of Sciences otherwise referred to as TWAS, is a global science academy. The academy is headquartered in Trieste, Italy, with a mission that spans three decades. TWAS’s core objectives include: Recognizing Excellence, Supporting Young Scientists, Fostering Cooperation, and Addressing Global Challenges.
TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Details:
- Application Deadline: 25 December 2023
- Partner Organizations: Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries in the South
- Host countries: Türkiye
- Level: Postdoc
- Age limit: 45
- Minimum degree: PhD
- Duration: Minimum of 6 months to a maximum period of 36 months.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Benefits of TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship
All successfully selected candidates for the TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, will receive the following benefits to help them focus on their research without the burden of financial constraints.
- Travel Support: TWAS will provide travel support to and from Turkey, to cover the expenses associated with researchers’ journeys to and from their home countries.
- Monthly Allowance: TÜBITAK, on the other hand, will handle scholars’ monthly allowances. This includes the cost of accommodation and living expenses in Turkey. Private health insurance premiums will also be covered.
- Study Fees: The study fees, including tuition, registration, and research costs, are expected to be covered by the host institutes.
Eligibility Requirements for TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship
TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship comes with specific criteria that applicants must meet to be eligible, these include :
- Nationality: Applicants must be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country in the South. The list of eligible countries can be found on the TWAS website given below this page
- Candidates from STLC including women, are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be employed in a developing country other than the host country and hold a research assignment there. A supporting statement from the applicant’s current employer is required.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree in natural and related applied sciences in one of the specified fields.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be no older than 45 years as of December 31st of the application year.
- An official Acceptance Letter from an eligible department, institution, or laboratory in Turkey is required. Preliminary acceptance must be obtained from the chosen host institution(s) in Turkey.
- Proficiency in English is essential, and candidates must provide evidence of their English language skills.
- During the fellowship period, scholars are not allowed to take up other assignments.
- Applicants who are accompanied by family members must take financial responsibility for them
- Individuals who have previously received or been awarded a fellowship under this programme are not eligible.
- Successful candidates must commit to returning to their home country upon completion of the fellowship.
Documents Required for Application
To complete the application process successfully, the following documents are required:
- Host Acceptance Letter
- Research Proposal Form
- Supporting Statement from the Employer
- Application forms and other relevant documents are available on the TÜBITAK online application system.
How to Apply for TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023?
The application window for the TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 is open from September 15, 2023, until December 25, 2023. All applications must be submitted online through the TÜBITAK online application system. To apply:
- Candidates must create a profile on the TÜBITAK Researcher Information System (ARBIS) platform before submitting the online application.
- The information of the researchers and academic advisors in Turkey must be up-to-date in the Researcher Information System.
- While submitting your applications, note that applications submitted via other means will be declined.
- For more details, kindly visit the TWAS website at http://twas.org/opportunity/twas-tubitak-postdoctoral-fellowship-programme
The deadline for TWAS-TÜBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship applications is December 25, 2023.
More Related Content
- How do I get a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada
- Columbia University Climate School Postdoctoral Research Program 2024 – Fully Funded
- Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023/2024 – How to Apply
- IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024 – APPLY NOW
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023/2024 in Canada ($70,000 Annual Funding)