The TWAS-Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences 2024 is currently open for applications. Named after TWAS President Professor Quarraisha Abdool Karim, this award aims to recognize the achievements of women scientists in Least Developed African countries within the field of Biological Sciences.
Nominations are invited for the 2024 Award from TWAS members, science academies, national research councils, universities, and scientific institutions in both developing and developed countries.
- A cash award of USD 5,000 will be generously provided by Professor Abdool Karim.
- The award acknowledges the accomplishments of women scientists in Biological Sciences.
- Eligible nominees for the 2024 award must be female scientists and nationals of a Least Developed African country, having lived and worked there for at least two years immediately before their nomination (i.e., from 01/02/2022).
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible for this award. Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
A nomination is deemed complete only if it includes the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details.
- Nominee contact details (self-nominations and nominations from jury members are not accepted), along with general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years.
- Authorization from the nominee to process her data for her nomination, in conformity with Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. The authorization must be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the ‘nominee’s personal data’ section, to be filled in, signed by the candidate, and then uploaded onto the online platform.
- A suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements in Biological Sciences).
- A supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution to Biological Sciences. The statement should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. A clear reference to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work is essential.
- A clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years.
- Information on the nominee’s PhD, including subject area, year, and awarding institution.
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies.
- Brief information on awards and honors received.
- A list of the 10 most significant publications in an internationally acceptable format.
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications should be uploaded separately onto the online platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and the associated number of citations.
The application deadline is May 10, 2024
How to Apply
CHECK THESE OUT:
- TWAS-Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences 2024 (Up to $5,000 Cash Award) – Call For Nomination
- International Day for Biological Diversity 2024
- Arizona State University Online Degree Program
- The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Awards 2026 (Up to $10,000 Award Each) – APPLY NOW
- Julie Schoo Scholarship For Diversity In Journablism 2024 (Up to $5,000 Scholarship)