Yiaga Africa, a non-profit civic hub of change-makers, has recently announced the application call for Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0. Yiaga Africa is inviting young Nigerian entrepreneurs to participate in the 2023 challenge by submitting their creative ideas on how to work with policymakers to solve a social problem in their community or innovative ways to promote social cohesion.
The Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0 is designed to promote civic action, offer support to youth enterprises, and for the advancement of social cohesion. Candidates whose applications are successful will be given grants to implement proposed projects in their local communities.
Meanwhile, submitted ideas will be evaluated on the basis of innovation, inclusion, expected results, and sustainability of the proposed project. Before we explore further the details of the Turn-Up Democracy Challenge 1.0, let’s discuss the brain behind it – Yiaga Africa
What is Yiaga Africa?
Launched as a student organization in the year 2007, Yiaga Africa is a non-profit civic hub of change-makers, they’re committed to promoting democratic governance, human rights, and civic engagement. Yiaga Africa was established at the University of Jos, Nigeria in 2007. Since its establishment, the organization has emerged as a leading civil society organization in Africa.
Yiaga Africa has made a name for itself since its inception as one of Africa’s frontline non-profit organizations, known for promoting participatory democracy, human rights, and civic participation. With its operating headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria, Yiaga Africa focuses on the in-depth examination of crucial democratic and governance issues, the creation of workable solutions, citizen leadership development, and training.
A number of cutting-edge initiatives are carried out by Yiaga Africa with the goals of promoting engaged citizenship, defending human rights, and strengthening democratic governance.
Benefits of Yiaga Africa Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0
Participants in the Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0, can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Financial support: This will help to execute innovative proposals, ideas, or innovations.
- The challenge brings about increased visibility and international recognition for innovative solutions
Eligibility Criteria for Yiaga Africa Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0
To participate in this program, Applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 to 25 years
- He/She should be a citizen of Nigeria, currently residing in the country.
- Should be available for a two-day training workshop
- Applicant must be a registered voter
How to Apply for Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0?
- All Interested and qualified candidates should Go to Yiaga Africa at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerZZcV6eDMgO7z4l3rJdoYmies1x_hKDaLvBYGLBIUMKoyjw/viewform to apply
- Complete the appropriate form correctly and tap on the ‘Submit’ button located below the page
- Women who are interested in participating, including Persons Living with Disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Once Applications are submitted, only successful applicants will be contacted on or before Friday, October 20th, 2023.
- Get more details about this program via the Yiaga Africa website at https://yiaga.org/turnupdemocracychallenge/
October 6, 2023.
More Related Content
- World Forum For Democracy in Germany 2022 Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- Youth In Development Fellowship
- REAGAN- FASCELL DEMOCRACY FELLOWSHIP 2024-2025 (FULLY FUNDED TO WASHINGTON, DC)
- Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024 – APPLY NOW
- USAID Youth Well-Being Prize Competition 2023 ($50,000 Prize) – APPLY NOW