HEARD Africa Initiative stands for Health, Education, Agriculture, and Development Africa. It is a national non-governmental organization registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Our mission is to address critical social and economic development challenges caused by inefficiencies and instabilities in society.
Job Type: Full-Time
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BSc/HND)
Experience: 5-7 years
Location: Abuja Field:
Program Officer Reports to the Executive Director
As a Program Officer, you will play a vital role in HEARD Africa’s mission by providing technical leadership and support in various areas, including health, education, research, development, and agriculture programs.
Your responsibilities will involve designing, planning, coordinating, and implementing program activities. You will also work on capacity development, monitor and evaluate projects, and establish partnerships.
Furthermore, you will contribute to grant writing and the development of work plans and organizational documents. Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders will be crucial.
Here are some of the key responsibilities of the Program Officer:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to establish and maintain partnerships with program partners, such as non-profit organizations, government agencies, community organizations, and donors. These partnerships will help expand resources, raise funds, and deliver program activities.
- Contribute to the development of organizational strategy documents, grant proposals, logical frameworks, project implementation plans, and reports.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans, program initiatives, and budgets, ensuring the effective coordination and operationalization of HEARD Africa’s result framework.
- Provide support for project management, coordination, and guidance to partners regarding project implementation procedures, data management, and financial management.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports on program activities on a quarterly and annual basis, in compliance with requirements.
- Support the development of annual and quarterly donor reports, as well as government report writing, including management and updates.
- Participate in project monitoring and provide supportive supervision to partners, project sites, and communities.
- Engage government and key stakeholders to ensure community involvement and the sustainability of HEARD Africa activities.
- Mobilize partners’ support for activities as needed.
- Assist in collecting data for monitoring, evaluation, learning, and research activities.
- Attend multiple meetings, technical working groups, and relevant forums on behalf of HEARD Africa.
- Contribute to the production and management of program content on the website and other program activities.
- Provide support for all program activities.
To be eligible for the Program Officer position, you should meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of professional work experience in an NGO (preferred).
- Demonstrate experience in project management, including proposal development, budget development, event planning, and coordination with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with fluency in English.
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and possess strong organizational skills.
- Display strong critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and resourcefulness.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Show a dynamic personality with an eye for detail and innovation.
- Have strong computer skills, specifically in MS Office Suite.
- Having proficiency in the local language would provide an additional benefit.
- Understand and respect cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivities and adaptability.
Application Deadline: October 10, 2023
Application Method: Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to click on the link below to submit their applications. https://www.myjobmag.com/job-application/596435