Application for the 2022 World Forum for democracy in Germany is currently open. This program is an initiative of the Council of Europe and applications are open for all candidates who meet the specific requirements for the activities, regardless of gender, disability, marital or parental status.
World Forum For Democracy in Germany 2022
World Forum for Democracy is a platform that was put in place for activists to discuss the key solutions to Democracy globally. The forum is open to applicants having any degree in any disciple. You have a chance of being selected as about 50-60 young people will be invited by the Youth Department to participate.
The required age bracket for all applicants is from18-30 years old, and applicants do not need to worry about the cost involved as all travel, visa, food, and conference attending expenses will be fully covered by the Council of Europe.
Additionally, there is no IELTS/TOEFL required. However, applicants must be fluent in English to be eligible. World Forum for Democracy 2022 is the 10th Edition of the forum and it seeks to debate issues and generate new ideas to curtail the democratic crisis we face today.
Participants of the world forum may get certain roles in the labs and side events based on their interests and competencies. Meanwhile, all youth participants are required to be active partners and contributors to this World Forum, contributing their ideas and initiatives.
How To Apply For World Forum For Democracy in Germany 2022
- To apply, you wi need to submit the application form including the video link online before Tuesday, 2 August 2022 CET 13:00 (1 p.m.)
All applicants are advised to apply before the deadline on the Official link to World Forum in Germany.
Details of World Forum in Germany 2022
- Nation: Germany, European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS).
- Number of Seats: 60
- Type: Fully Funded
- Duration of program: 7-9 AUGUST, 2022
- Application Deadline: August 02, 2022
Benefits of the World Forum in Germany
Please note that the official working language of the event will be English, thus, candidates must be able to use English. The benefits of the World Forum for Democracy include the following:
- The Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed
- Prepaid tickets for travel will be provided in exceptional and justified cases.
- Accommodation costs, boarding, and lodging expenses are covered by the Council of Europe.
- All the participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS).
- The European Youth Centre in Strasbourg can be accessed by young people with disabilities with Wi-Fi made available in the rooms.
Eligibility Criteria For World Forum In Germany
- Applicants must be aged 18-30 however, exceptions can be made in special cases.
- Applicants must be able to communicate and work in English
- Must be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives
- Must be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy
- Ready to share the challenges faced in relation to democracy
- Must be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of democracy
The selection process requires all candidates to apply in 2 parts which are:
- First, the completion of an online application form via the link below: https://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms
- Then present a short 1-minute video and post it on YouTube